OFFICE SECRETARY III
|Department||MSDE - Juvenile Services Education Program|
|Date Opened||4/8/2021 07:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||4/22/2021 07:00:00 AM|
|Salary||$32,820.00 - $51,385.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Marcia Cooper-stokes|
LOCATION OF POSITION
This position assists in the creation, maintenance and disposition of student records; to obtain necessary facts and make recommendations for the resolution of records management problems.
· Develop and maintain files on student transfers, referrals, promotions, removals, records, and graduations. Maintain of student records on current School Information System per JSES policies and procedures. These records include, but are not limited to, enrollment, attendance records, grades, transfer etc.
· Request in writing, by phone, email, and fax the educational records for newly assigned students to your school from the Local School Systems (LSS), Department of Juvenile Services (DJS), other agencies and/or pupil services personnel per JSES policies and procedures. Prepare and send records upon request from other agencies and Local School Systems.
· Develop and maintain student cumulative files per JSES policies and procedures. Update records on school database for monthly report accuracy. Collect, examine, verify, and maintain statistical data used in reports. Prepare and disseminate daily student information to departments/staff/administration as needed and perform other related duties as assigned by the principal.
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
Experience: Three years performing secretarial or clerical work involving typing duties.
1. Additional secretarial or clerical experience may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
2. Thirty credit hours with a major in secretarial science or office technology from an accredited college may be substituted at the rate of thirty credits for one year of experience for up to two years of the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non-commissioned officer in Administration classifications or Administrative, Clerical, or Office Services specialty codes in the Administrative Support field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
1-year experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access) & Google Documents
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
· Data management experience
· Multi-line Phone Experience
· Alpha & Numeric Filing experience
· Customer Service experience
· Record keeping experience
LIMITATIONS ON SELECTION
The examination will consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience as presented on your application and as they relate to the requirements of the position. You will be required to complete a supplemental questionnaire. Therefore, it is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the employment (eligible) list for at least one year.
T If you are unable to apply online, you may mail a paper application to: Maryland State Department of Education Office of Human Resources C/o Marcia Cooper-Stokes 200 West Baltimore Street Baltimore, Maryland 21201
If you have difficulty with your user account or have general questions about this online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. If you need to submit additional information, the preferred method is to upload your document(s) by electronic means with the submission of your application. However, if you’re unable to upload your documents, please fax requested information only to 410-333-8950 (providing a cover sheet with the following: each page of the attachment your First and Last Name, Recruitment Number, and the last 4 digits of your SS# and indicate application Office Secretary II- [JobAps#: 21-001362-0014). We will not consider information submitted after the closing date of this announcement. Resumes will NOT be accepted in lieu of completing the online or paper application.