OFFICE PROCESSING CLERK I
**CONTRACTUAL FULL TIME**
|Department||MDH Springfield Hospital Center|
|Date Opened||10/8/2021 11:59:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||10/22/2021 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$15.00 - $19.21/hour|
|HR Analyst||Kara Winnard|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
- Preparing, processing, and auditing all personnel and ADA files to include, but not limited to, organizing new hire packets, obtaining CJIS results, ensuring all documentation is filed and accurate, updating all databases, and completing personnel action forms for all merit and contractual employees.
- Maintaining electronic records in Workday as well as the HR monthly tracker.
- Answering phones, assisting walk-in employees with questions or concerns.
- Assisting the Deputy Director and Director of Human Resources with employee relations matters including, but not limited to; scheduling of mitigation conferences, maintaining a tracking log for all documents, personnel files, licenses, and standard operating procedures.
- Fields all calls in the Human Resources Department.
- Maintaining personnel files, sick-leave files, and third party contract files. Conducting daily audits for required personnel documents.
Education: Completion of the eighth grade.
Experience: Six months of experience typing correspondence, reports, charts or other documents from rough draft, corrected copy or oral instruction. on a keyboard of a personal computer, computer terminal or word processor.
1. Candidates may substitute additional experience typing or performing other clerical duties on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
2. Candidates may substitute graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate for the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute a minimum of five courses or six months of clerical training in subjects such as keyboarding, clerical math, word processing, spreadsheets, data base, graphics presentation, proofreading, or office etiquette for the required experience.
4. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non-commissioned officer in Administration classifications or Administrative, Clerical or Office Services specialty codes in the Administrative Support field of work on a year-for year basis for the required experience.
Demonstrated ability to accurately type on a keyboard of a personal computer, computer terminal or word processor at a minimum of forty words per minute may be required, depending on the specific requirements of the position.
Applicants who meet the minimum (and selective) qualifications will be included in further evaluation. The evaluation may be a rating of your application based on your education, training and experience as they relate to the requirements of the position. Therefore, it is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all related education, experience, dates and hours of work. Clearly indicate your college degree and major on your application, if applicable. For education obtained outside the U.S., any job offer will be contingent on the candidate providing an evaluation for equivalency by a foreign credential evaluation service prior to starting employment (and may be requested prior to interview).
Complete applications must be submitted by the closing date. Information submitted after this date will not be added.
Incorrect application forms will not be accepted. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of a completed application.
Candidates may remain on the certified eligible list for a period of at least one year. The resulting certified eligible list for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this or other State agencies.
Contractual employees who work for an agency covered under the State Employee and Retiree Health and Welfare Benefits Program, have a current employment contract and work 30 or more hours a week (or on average 130 hours per month) may be eligible for subsidized health benefits coverage for themselves and their dependents. As a contractual employee, you will be responsible for paying 25% of the premiums for your medical and prescription coverage, including any eligible dependents you have enrolled. The State of Maryland will subsidize the remaining 75% of the cost for these benefits. You can also elect to enroll in dental coverage, accidental death and dismemberment insurance, and life insurance, but will be responsible to pay the full premium for these benefits.
Leave may be granted to a contractual employee who has worked 120 days in a 12 month period. This leave accrues at a rate of one hour for every 30 hours worked, not to exceed 40 hours per calendar year.
Online applications are highly recommended. However, if you are unable to apply online, the paper application (and supplemental questionnaire) may be submitted to MDH, Recruitment and Selection Division, 201 W. Preston St., Room 114-B, Baltimore, MD 21201. Paper application materials must be received by 5 pm, close of business, on the closing date for the recruitment, no postmarks will be accepted.
If additional information is required, the preferred method is to upload. If you are unable to upload, please fax the requested information to 410-333-5689. Only additional materials that are required will be accepted for this recruitment. All additional information must be received by the closing date and time.
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact the MDH Recruitment and Selection Division at 410-767-1251.
If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about the online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850 or Application.Help@maryland.gov.
Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request by calling: 410-767-1251 or MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruitment, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.