OFFICE PROCESSING CLERK LEAD
|Department||DPSCS-MD Reception Diagnostic & Classification Ctr|
|Date Opened||4/23/2021 11:59:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||5/10/2021 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$29,131.00 - $45,345.00/year|
|HR Analyst||David Spanier|
LOCATION OF POSITION
550 E. Madison St., Baltimore, MD 21202
This position performs diverse clerical duties in the Case Management department. The position is responsible or processing information pertinent to the division's operation.
Process information pertaining to facilities daily intake in order to compile inmate base files.
Receives and distributes telephone calls and written inquiries/ correspondences.
Applicants must meet all minimum (and selective) qualifications to be considered, and to appear on the list of people eligible for hire. Please read all requirements before applying.
Education: Completion of the eighth grade.
Experience:Two years of experience typing correspondence reports, charts or other documents from rough draft, corrected copy or oral instruction on a keyboard of a personal computer, computer terminal or word processor.
1. Candidates may substitute additional experience typing or performing other clerical duties on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
2. Candidates may substitute graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate for six months of the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute five courses or six months of clerical training in five courses such as keyboarding, clerical math, word processing, spreadsheets, data base, graphics presentation, proofreading, or office etiquette for six months of the required experience.
4. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non-commissioned officer in Administration classifications or Administrative, Clerical, or Office Services specialty codes in the administrative support field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Preference will be given to applicants who possess the following preferred qualification(s). Include clear and specific information on your application regarding your qualifications.
1. Experience and knowledge of OCMS.
2. Experience and knowledge of Microsoft Word.
BARGAINING UNIT STATUS
Online applications are highly recommended. However, if you are unable to apply online, the paper application and supplemental questionnaire may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to 410-484-5928. Paper application materials must be received in our office by the closing date for the recruitment.
If you are submitting additional information, the preferred method is to upload it with your application. All uploaded additional information must be received by the closing date and time. If you are unable to upload,
please email the requested information to email@example.com referencing the recruitment number in the subject line, or fax to 410-484-5928 (providing a cover sheet with your contact information,
recruitment name, recruitment number and the number of pages faxed). Only additional materials that are requested will be accepted for this recruitment.
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact the Department of Public Safety and Correctional Services, HRSD-Recruitment & Examination at 410-339-4200, MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.
If you are having difficulties with submitting your online application, please contact the DBM Recruitment and Examination Division at Application.Help@maryland.gov or 410-767-4850.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining, and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.