OFFICE CLERK I
Public Services Assistant
|Department||MDP Museum Services|
|Date Opened||11/17/2021 11:59:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||12/1/2021 11:59:00 PM|
|HR Analyst||Dionne Core|
The Maryland Historical Trust (MHT), an agency of the Maryland Department of Planning, is seeking to hire a part time Public Services Assistant for the Jefferson Patterson and Museum (JPPM). The Public Services Assistant position offers flexible hours in a position that is ideal for anyone with an outgoing personality seeking to build their resume in a public services role while enjoying a beautiful historic setting in Calvert County. Located on 560 scenic acres along the Patuxent River in Calvert County, Maryland, JPPM is home to over 65 archaeological sites, more than 30 historic buildings and structures, and the Maryland Archaeological Conservation Laboratory. JPPM supports the preservation of Maryland's cultural resources and connects people to the past through the preservation and interpretation of our onsite historical and archaeological resources. www.jefpat.org
LOCATION OF POSITION
- Provides essential coverage in the Visitor Center
- Assists with staffing cultural heritage events
- Provides tours of museum spaces
- Assists with tours of Pavilion and other lease venues
- Provides support during event rentals
- Communicates effectively with the general public: greeting visitors, providing general park information, responding to phone and email inquiries, and assisting on-site visitors
- Operates office equipment, uses computer software, and performs basic office procedures to assist with gift shop maintenance, including: maintaining the register in the gift shop, assisting with digital inventory management, and merchandising
Education: Completion of the eighth grade.
Experience: Six months experience performing clerical duties in an office environment.
1. Additional experience performing clerical duties may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
2. Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate may be substituted for the required experience.
3. Six months clerical training with three courses in subjects such as keyboarding, clerical math, word processing, spreadsheets, database, graphics presentation, proofreading, or office etiquette may be substituted for the required experience.
4. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non-commissioned officer in Administration classifications or Administrative, Clerical or Office Services specialty codes in the Clerical Support field of work on a year-for year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
For education obtained outside the U.S., a copy of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service needs to be provided before hire.
All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date.
The on-line application process is STRONGLY preferred. If you are not able to apply online, you may submit a paper application and supplemental questionnaire (by the closing date) to:
Department of Budget and Management
Recruitment and Examination Division
301 W. Preston St., Suite 608
Baltimore, MD 21201
Attn: For inquiries regarding this recruitment, please call 410 767-7950
Resumes will NOT be accepted in lieu of completing the on-line or paper application. As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.
Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request by calling 410-767-3623.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply.
Bilingual applicants are also encouraged to apply.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay