OFFICE CLERK II
|Department||DPSCS-Eastern Correctional Institution|
|Date Opened||3/25/2021 11:59:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||4/9/2021 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$27,468.00 - $42,622.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Jordan McNeil|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Somerset County, Maryland
30420 Revells Neck Rd, Westover, MD 21890
- Files reports, records, forms and other material according to office procedures;
- Retrieves and assembles material from files and other sources for the supervisor's review and use;
- Updates and maintains logs, schedules, rosters, records and lists;
- Opens, stamps, sorts and distributes incoming mail and prepares material for outgoing mail;
- Greets and directs office visitors to appropriate individuals;
- Copies or scans various materials;
- Answers telephone calls in order to take messages, transfer calls to appropriate parties and provide routine information;
- Completes and forwards form letters to provide or request information;
- Enters, retrieves and updates information using computer software applications;
- May maintain routine statistical and numerical records requiring basic arithmetic computations;
- May operate a postage meter and other mailroom equipment and keep records of their use;
- May order, receive and distribute office supplies and materials;
- May type correspondence, reports, schedules and other material using a computer or word processor;
- Performs other related duties.
Applicants must meet all minimum (and selective) qualifications to be considered, and to appear on the list of people eligible for hire. Please read all requirements before applying.
Education: Completion of the eighth grade.
Experience: One year experience performing clerical duties in an office environment.Notes:
1. Additional experience performing clerical duties may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
2. Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate may be substituted for six months of the required experience.
3. Six months clerical training with three courses in subjects such as keyboarding, clerical math, word processing, spreadsheets, data base, graphics presentation, proofreading, or office etiquette may be substituted for six months of the required experience.
4. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non-commissioned officer in Administration classifications or Administrative, Clerical or Office Services specialty codes in the Clerical Support field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Preference will be given to applicants who possess the following preferred qualification(s). Include clear and specific information on your application regarding your qualifications.1. Experience performing clerical duties in an office environment
2. Experience providing customer service.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year.
The assessment may consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience related to the requirements of the position. It is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all experience and education that is related to this position.
If you are submitting additional information, the preferred method is to upload it with your application. All uploaded additional information must be received by the closing date and time. If you are unable to upload,
please fax the requested information to 410-484-5928 (providing a cover sheet with your contact information, recruitment name, recruitment number and the number of pages faxed). Only additional materials that are required will be accepted for this recruitment.
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact the Department of Public Safety and Correctional Services, HRSD-Recruitment & Examination at 410-339-3275, MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.
HR Analyst: Jordan McNeil
Email: Jordan.Mcneil@maryland.gov Phone: 410-339-3275
If you are having difficulties with submitting your online application, please contact the DBM Recruitment and Examination Division at Application.Help@maryland.gov or 410-767-4850.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining, and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.