OFFICE SERVICES CLERK
|Department||DPSCS-Maryland Correctional Institution-Jessup|
|Date Opened||3/25/2021 11:59:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||4/9/2021 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$29,131.00 - $45,345.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Jordan McNeil|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Anne Arundel County, Maryland
7803 House of Correction Road, Jessup, Maryland 20794
- Reviews, verifies and interprets information in records, applications and other documents by using knowledge of agency policies and procedures to determine if appropriate procedures have been followed and to resolve problems;
- Processes and issues permits, licenses, vouchers, exemptions, invoices or other documents pertinent to agency programs and based on application of regulations and procedures to factual information;
- Responds to inquiries, makes determinations and resolves problems relative to inaccurate or incomplete information and discrepancies in various records and documents being processed;
- Explains basis of determinations to workers in other offices and agencies, clients or their representatives and the general public;
- Collects fees, makes corrections to payments owed or due, posts fees and payments to accounts and keeps financial records not requiring knowledge of bookkeeping or accounting;
- Assembles and verifies data and compiles information in order to prepare routine statistical and status reports;
- Updates and maintains files, logs, schedules, rosters and records;
- Composes routine correspondence to provide or request essential information, explain the status of requests and the procedures to be followed;
- Recommends changes in office procedures as necessary to improve office efficiency;
- Uses computer software applications to enter, edit, validate, search, retrieve and update information and may design, edit or format reports, graphs and charts;
- May type correspondence, reports, schedules and other material using a keyboard of a personal computer;
- Performs other related duties
2. Applicants may substitute education from an accredited college or university at the rate of thirty semester credit hours for one year of experience on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
3. Six months clerical training with three courses in subjects such as keyboarding, clerical math, word processing, spreadsheets, database, graphics presentation, proofreading, or office etiquette may be substituted for six months of the requires experience.
4. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non-commissioned officer in Administrative classifications or in Administrative, Clerical, or Office Services specialty codes in the Clerical Support field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
2. Experience with Microsoft Word
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year.
The assessment may consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience related to the requirements of the position. It is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all experience and education that is related to this position.
If you are submitting additional information, the preferred method is to upload it with your application. All uploaded additional information must be received by the closing date and time. If you are unable to upload,
please fax the requested information to 410-484-5928 (providing a cover sheet with your contact information, recruitment name, recruitment number and the number of pages faxed). Only additional materials that are required will be accepted for this recruitment.
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact the Department of Public Safety and Correctional Services, HRSD-Recruitment & Examination at 410-339-3275, MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.
HR Analyst: Jordan McNeil
Email: Jordan.Mcneil@maryland.gov Phone: 410-339-3275
If you are having difficulties with submitting your online application, please contact the DBM Recruitment and Examination Division at Application.Help@maryland.gov or 410-767-4850.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining, and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.