OFFICE SERVICES CLERK
|Department||DAT Charter Unit|
|Date Opened||4/21/2021 11:59:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||5/5/2021 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$29,131.00 - $34,646/year - with a potential growth to $45,345.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Jennifer Arhin|
This is a position Specific Recruitment for the State Department of Assessments and Taxation, Charter Filing and Processing Division. The resulting eligible list will be used for this position only. Interested persons will need to reapply for future recruitments in this classification.
LOCATION OF POSITION
Department of Assessments and Taxation
Charter Filing and Processing Division
301 W. Preston Street
Baltimore, MD 21201
- Enters data from work-ordered charter documents into MBES program on a daily basis.
- Work orders (by keying checks in MBES) charter documents received from the agency mailroom in a timely manner.
- Makes certified copies of documents and mails the acknowledgements to customer within one week of processing.
- Serves as backup at the public counter, as needed, processing trade name applications and walk-in charter documents.
- Tallies checks, cash and credit card receipts on a daily basis.
- Enters data from expedited fax and search companies’ charter documents, as needed.
- Serves as a backup in the mailroom, opening, sorting and distributing mail once a week.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
Experience: Two years of experience performing clerical duties.
1. Additional experience performing clerical duties may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
2. Applicants may substitute education from an accredited college or university at the rate of thirty semester credit hours for one year of experience on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
3. Six months clerical training with three courses in subjects such as keyboarding, clerical math, word processing, spreadsheets, database, graphics presentation, proofreading, or office etiquette may be substituted for six months of the requires experience.
4. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non-commissioned officer in Administrative classifications or in Administrative, Clerical, or Office Services specialty codes in the Clerical Support field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
LIMITATIONS ON SELECTION
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year.
The assessment may consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience related to the requirements of the position. It is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all experience and education that is related to this position.
Online applications are highly recommended. However, if you are unable to apply online, the paper application and supplemental questionnaire may be submitted to: Department of Assessments and Taxation, Office of Human Resources, 300 W. Preston St., Room 511, Baltimore, MD 21201. Paper application materials must be received in our office by the closing date for the recruitment. No postmarks will be accepted.
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact the Department of Assessments and Taxation at Application.Help@maryland.gov or 410-767-1140, MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruitment, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.