OFFICE SERVICES CLERK
|Department||DPSCS DPP East Region|
|Date Opened||10/12/2021 11:59:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||10/26/2021 11:59:00 PM|
|HR Analyst||Jordan McNeil|
LOCATION OF POSITION
251 Rowe Boulevard Annapolis, MD 21401
1500 Ritchie Highway Glen Burnie, MD 21061
201 Baptist Street Salisbury, MD 21801
170 E Main Street Elkton, MD 21921
207 South 3rd Street Denton, MD 21629
424 N. Market Street Snow Hill, MD 21863
- Reviews, verifies and interprets information in records, applications and other documents by using knowledge of agency policies and procedures to determine if appropriate procedures have been followed and to resolve problems;
- Processes and issues permits, licenses, vouchers, exemptions, invoices or other documents pertinent to agency programs and based on application of regulations and procedures to factual information;
- Responds to inquiries, makes determinations and resolves problems relative to inaccurate or incomplete information and discrepancies in various records and documents being processed;
- Explains basis of determinations to workers in other offices and agencies, clients or their representatives and the general public;
- Collects fees, makes corrections to payments owed or due, posts fees and payments to accounts and keeps financial records not requiring knowledge of bookkeeping or accounting;
- Assembles and verifies data and compiles information in order to prepare routine statistical and status reports;
- Updates and maintains files, logs, schedules, rosters and records;
- Composes routine correspondence to provide or request essential information, explain the status of requests and the procedures to be followed;
- Recommends changes in office procedures as necessary to improve office efficiency;
- Use computer software applications to enter, edit, validate, search, retrieve and update information and may design, edit or format reports, graphs and charts;
- May type correspondence, reports, schedules and other material using a keyboard of a personal computer;
- Performs other related duties
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
Experience: Two years of experience performing clerical duties.
1. Additional experience performing clerical duties may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
2. Applicants may substitute education from an accredited college or university at the rate of thirty semester credit hours for one year of experience on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
3. Six months clerical training with three courses in subjects such as keyboarding, clerical math, word processing, spreadsheets, database, graphics presentation, proofreading, or office etiquette may be substituted for six months of the requires experience.
4. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non-commissioned officer in Administrative classifications or in Administrative, Clerical, or Office Services specialty codes in the Clerical Support field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
1. Experience performing clerical duties in an office environment
2. Experience with Microsoft Word
If you are submitting additional information, the preferred method is to upload it with your application. All uploaded additional information must be received by the closing date and time. If you are unable to upload,
please fax the requested information to 410-484-5928 (providing a cover sheet with your contact information, recruitment name, recruitment number and the number of pages faxed). Only additional materials that are required will be accepted for this recruitment.
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact the Department of Public Safety and Correctional Services, HRSD-Recruitment & Examination at 410-339-3275, MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.
HR Analyst: Jordan McNeil
Email: Jordan.Mcneil@maryland.gov Phone: 410-585-5458
If you are having difficulties with submitting your online application, please contact the DBM Recruitment and Examination Division at Application.Help@maryland.gov or 410-767-4850.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining, and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.