OFFICE SERVICES CLERK
Office of Human Resources
|Department||COMP Financial and Support Services|
|Date Opened||10/14/2021 09:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||10/28/2021 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$31,286.00 - $45,345.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Dionne Seldon|
This is a position specific recruitment. The resulting certified eligible list may be used to staff several current and future vacancies for this position/function only.
LOCATION OF POSITION
The incumbent of this position will function as a front office receptionist and administrative back up to the HR team leaders. Under the supervision of the HR Director, the incumbent will perform a variety of duties to include clerical work, typing and administrative duties related to state employment, recruitment, policies and procedures, employee performance, and leave awards. The incumbent will also be responsible for providing excellent customer service to Comptroller employees, visitors, and interview candidates. Additional duties include mail distribution, ordering office supplies and equipment, as well as record retention and scanning as assigned. The candidate for this position performs these responsibilities in accordance with the role of the Human Resources office and the mission statement of the Comptroller of Maryland.
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
Experience: Two years of experience performing clerical duties.
- Additional experience performing clerical duties may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
- Applicants may substitute education from an accredited college or university at the rate of thirty semester credit hours for one year of experience on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
- Six months clerical training with three courses in subjects such as keyboarding, clerical math, word processing, spreadsheets, database, graphics presentation, proofreading, or office etiquette may be substituted for six months of the requires experience.
- Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non-commissioned officer in Administrative classifications or in Administrative, Clerical, or Office Services specialty codes in the Clerical Support field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
** For education obtained outside of the U.S., you will be required to provide proof of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service. If you possess a degree obtained outside of the United States, please submit a detailed, course-by-course evaluation report from one of the U.S. equivalence evaluating members identified at http://www.naces.org/members.html.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• The ideal candidate will possess good communication and customer service skills.