MSP CRIME SCENE TECHNICIAN I
|Department||MSP - Criminal Investigation Bureau|
|Date Opened||4/30/2021 11:10:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||5/14/2021 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$37,039.00 - $58,359.00/year|
|HR Analyst||William Boniarski|
This recruitment is for two (2) vacancies within the Crime Scene Section of the Forensic Sciences Division of the Maryland State Police. The positions will be assigned coverage for the Eastern Region of the State of Maryland. Assigned work locations will be at the Easton Barrack and the Salisbury Barrack. Interested persons for position should apply as this eligibility list will be used for future recruitments at various locations throughout the State of Maryland.
It is important that all experience be fully documented. Failure to list all experience and answer all supplemental questions specifically and accurately may cause the candidate to be rejected.
LOCATION OF POSITION
Maryland State Police
Forensic Sciences Division
Crime Scene Section
221 Milford Mill Road
Pikesville, MD 21208
Education: Sixty credit hours from an accredited college or university with at least 15 credit hours in criminal justice or law enforcement or forensic sciences.
Experience: One year of experience identifying, collecting, recording and preserving physical evidence at crime and disaster scenes.
1. Candidates may substitute two years of additional experience for the required education.
2. Candidates may substitute the possession of a Bachelor’s degree in criminal justice, law enforcement, forensic sciences, chemistry, biology, geology or related physical or natural science from an accredited college or university for the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non-commissioned officer in Master at Arms classifications or Military Police or Security Forces specialty codes in the Criminal Justice field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience and education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Preference will be given to applicants who possess the following preferred qualification(s). Include clear and specific information on your application regarding your qualifications.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. In accordance with Public Safety Article, Section 2-204 (b) (6) of the Annotated Code of Maryland, candidates for positions in this classification will be subject to an initial drug screening, a physical examination, submission of a DNA sample, and a complete criminal background investigation, to include a polygraph examination before permanent appointment can be made. A criminal conviction may be grounds for rejection of the candidate by the hiring agency.
2. Employees in this classification are subject to random substance abuse testing in accordance with Code of Maryland Regulations 17.04.09, Testing for Illegal Use of Drugs.
3. Employees in this classification are subject to call-in 24 hours a day and, therefore, are required to provide the agency with a telephone number where they can be reached.
Only candidates who meet the minimum qualifications will be considered for this classification. Therefore, it is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Successful candidates will be placed on the Eligible List categorized as BEST QUALIFIED, BETTER QUALIFIED or QUALIFIED and remain eligible for consideration for at least one year from the date of examination. The list will be used by the hiring manager to select employees.
The examination will consist of a rating of your education, training and experience related to the requirements of the position. You may be required to complete a qualifications supplement, or the rating may be based on your application. Report all experience and education that is related to this position. Applicants may be given a physical examination and will be subject to an interview, background investigation, polygraph examination and substance abuse testing.
NOTE: Currently, applicants are limited to uploading one file. As a result, it is strongly urged that those applying upload ALL required and additional documents (undergraduate and graduate transcripts, resumes, etc.) as one file. If you are unable to apply online, you may submit an application via mail. The Maryland State Application Form can be found online.
Completed applications, required documentation and any required addendums may be mailed to:
Maryland State Police
Human Resources Division
1201 Reisterstown Road
Pikesville, MD 21208
ATTN: William Boniarski
It is the policy of the Maryland State Police to comply with all applicable federal and state laws prohibiting employment discrimination and to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, gender, identity and expression, genetic information, marital status, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religious affiliation, belief or opinion, sex, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|