ELECTION PROGRAM ASSISTANT I
|Department||SBE General Administration|
|Date Opened||1/7/2021 1:00:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||1/21/2021 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$35,207.00 - $55,279.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Shermaine Malcolm|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
- Registers new voters and maintains current records by updating the voter registration system.
- Performs clerical work.
- Performs pre-election and post-election maintenance on voting equipment. Organizes, inventories, and packs election supplies.
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
Experience: One year of experience applying election laws, rules and procedures in a local board of election office.
1. Candidates may substitute one year of specialized clerical, data processing, technical or administrative experience for each six months of the required experience applying election laws, rules and procedures in a local election office. Specialized clerical, data processing, technical or administrative experience is defined as work in an office which requires reviewing, verifying and interpreting information in order to make determinations and resolve work problems in accordance with policies, regulations, guidelines and procedures.
2. Candidates may substitute two years of general clerical, data processing, technical or administrative experience for each six months of the required experience applying election laws, rules and procedures in a local election office. General clerical, data processing, technical or administrative experience is defined as work performing a variety of duties which are clear-cut and typically found in office settings, such as filing, copying, inputting data, general computer skills, and directing telephone calls.
3. Candidates may substitute thirty credit hours from an accredited college or university for the required experience.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Employees in this classification are required to be registered voters in the State of Maryland in accordance with the Election Law Article, Section 2-207(d), Annotated Code of Maryland.
2. Employees in this classification may not hold or be a candidate for any elective public or political party office or any other office created under the Constitution or laws of this State in accordance with the Election Law Article, Section 2-301(b).
The assessment may consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience related to the requirements of the position. It is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all experience and education that is related to this position.
Online applications are highly recommended. However, if you are unable to apply online, the paper application (and supplemental questionnaire) may be submitted to SBE's HR Division at 151 W. St. Suite 200, Annapolis, MD 21401. Paper application materials must be received by 5 pm, close of business, on the closing date for the recruitment, no postmarks will be accepted.
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact SBE's HR Division at 410-269-2866.
Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request by calling MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruitment, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.