Election Program IT Specialist I
|Department||SBE General Administration|
|Date Opened||7/8/2021 2:45:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||7/22/2021 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$42,294.00 - $67,106.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Shermaine Malcolm|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession a high school equivalency certificate.
Experience: One year of experience in computer programming; implementing, troubleshooting or supporting local or wide area networks; installing and troubleshooting personal computers or evaluating, implementing, or maintaining microcomputer hardware and software.
1. Fifteen (15) credit hours in computer information technology, programming or networking from an accredited college or university may be substituted for up to one year of required experience.
2. Experience operating multi-purpose, multi-tasking computer systems; or scheduling, controlling input and output or maintaining a tape library to process data on multipurpose, multi-tasking computer systems; or evaluating, implementing and maintaining microcomputer hardware and software; or converting data from project specifications by developing program code using third generation or other generally accepted computer programming languages may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
3. Completion of a certification program in computer programming for personal computers, local or wide area networks or troubleshooting such as Microsoft Certified Professional or an equivalent program may be substituted for one year of the required experience.
4. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non-commissioned officer in the Computer Systems Operations classifications or Computer Systems Operations specialty codes in the Information Technology field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
5. General clerical, data processing, technical or administrative experience may substitute for the required experience applying election laws, rules and procedures in a local election office at the rate of two years for each six months of the required election office experience. General clerical, data processing, technical or administrative experience is defined as work performing a variety of duties which are clear-cut and typically found in office settings, such as filing, copying, inputting data, general computer skills, and directing telephone calls.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Preference will be given to applicants who possess the following preferred qualification(s). Include clear and specific information on your application regarding your qualifications.
- Experience in Project Management
- Experience with Geographic Information Systems (GIS).
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs repetitively and independently.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
1. Employees in this classification are required to be registered voters in the State of Maryland in accordance with the Election Law Article, Section 2-207(d).
2. Employees in this classification may not hold or be a candidate for any elective public or political party office or any other office created under the Constitution or laws of this State in accordance with the Election Law Article, Section 2-301(b).
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year.
The assessment may consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience related to the requirements of the position. It is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all experience and education that is related to this position.
Online applications are highly recommended. However, if you are unable to apply online, the paper application (and supplemental questionnaire) may be submitted to SBE's HR Division at 151 West St., Suite 200, Annapolis, MD 21401. Paper application materials must be received by 5 pm, close of business, on the closing date for the recruitment. No postmarks will be accepted. If additional information is required, the preferred method is to upload. If you are unable to upload, please email the requested information to Chris Lohr at Chris.Lohr@maryland.gov. Only additional materials that are required will be accepted for this recruitment.
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact SBE's HR Division at 410-269-2866.
Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request by calling MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruitment, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.