ASSESSOR I, COMMERCIAL AND INDUSTRIAL
|Department||DAT Real Property Valuation|
|Date Opened||2/16/2021 5:00:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||3/2/2021 5:00:00 PM|
|Salary||$47,881.00 - $57,485 year with potential growth to $76,432.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Shernikia Dennis|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
Education: A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university and completion of the International Association of Assessing Officers Courses 101, 102 and 300 or equivalent courses approved by the Department of Assessments and Taxation.
Experience: Three years of appraisal experience estimating the value of real property performed in accordance with the provisions of the Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice Code.
1. Candidates may substitute additional appraisal experience involving the valuation of Real property on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
2. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in tax examining classification or tax examining specialty codes in the accounting and budget group field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience and education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
LIMITATIONS ON SELECTION
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Employees in this classification may be required to have daily use of a motor vehicle while on official State business. Standard mileage allowance will be paid for use of a privately owned vehicle.
2. Upon appointment to positions, employees in this classification that possess a real estate broker or sales license, or a license to sell insurance, will be required to put the license in an “inactive” status.
3. Employees in this classification are prohibited from participating in any outside activity, including private appraisals, which may be deemed a conflict of interest by the Director of the Department of Assessments and Taxation.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year.
The assessment may consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience related to the requirements of the position. It is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all experience and education that is related to this position.