ADMINISTRATIVE SPECIALIST II
|Department||DGS Maryland Capitol Police|
|Date Opened||9/9/2021 12:30:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||9/23/2021 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$35,207.00 - $55,279.00/year (based on qualifications and salary rules)|
|HR Analyst||Kendra Young|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
- Process and manage all security cards request forms.
- Operate camera and equipment download photos into security card system database.
- Generate security cards for distribution to State employees and contractors
- Maintain a contemporary list of approved primary and secondary coordinators.
- Maintain accurate database tracking the history of every security card including those issued in error.
- Account for all fees collected.
- Address questions, comments, and concerns regarding polices and procedures governing the security card processing center in a clear, concise, and professional manner.
- All duties and responsibilities required to enable this unit to fulfill its mission of providing security cards to State employees and designated non-employees.
Education: Completion of 60 credit hours at an accredited college or university.
Experience: One year of experience in administrative or professional work.
1. Candidates may substitute experience as defined above for the required education at the rate of one year of experience for 30 credit hours, for up to 60 credit hours of required education.
2. Candidates may substitute 90 credit hours at an accredited college or university for the required education and experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non-commissioned officer involving staff work requiring regular use of independent judgment and analysis in applying and interpreting rules and regulations in accordance with agency laws and policies on a year-for-year basis for the required education and experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
LIMITATIONS ON SELECTION
It is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please include all experience and education that is related to this position. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date; information submitted after the closing date will not be considered. Credit is given for relevant part-time, temporary or volunteer experience based on the number of hours worked per week; you must include the time spent on such activities on your application.
Note that for any position requiring a college degree or college credit, you will be required to submit a college transcript prior to being offered a position. You may submit your transcript as part of the application process.
The examination for this position will consist of a rating of your education, training and experience related to the requirements of the position. Successful candidates will be placed on the employment eligibility list categorized as BEST QUALIFIED, BETTER QUALIFIED, or QUALIFIED. The eligibility list will be valid for one year and may be extended. The list will be used by the hiring authority to select employees for interviews. Eligible lists may be used to fill future vacancies of the same classification.
You MUST possess the minimum qualifications before you may be selected for a State job – verification will be completed upon hire. If you are scheduled to complete an educational or licensing requirement within six months of being placed on the eligibility list, you may participate in the selection process. Permanent State employees may also complete necessary experience requirements within six months of the date of being placed on an eligibility list.
Please note, selected candidates may be required to complete and successfully pass a State and Federal fingerprint background check prior to being hired.
You must be legally authorized under the United States Immigration Reform and Control Act to be hired in the position for which you apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply. We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay