ENVIRONMENTAL COMPLIANCE SPECIALIST III
|Department||MDE - Water and Science Administration (WSA)|
|Date Opened||3/24/2022 10:30:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||4/7/2022 5:00:00 PM|
|Salary||$48,360 - $62,622 w/ potential growth to $78,741/ year. MD State Salary Guidelines may apply|
|HR Analyst||Peggie Jefferson|
The Water and Science Administration/Compliance Program/Eastern Division is recruiting for an Environmental Compliance Specialist III position. This is a position specific recruitment for the Maryland Department of the Environment (MDE). This recruitment will be used to fill current and future vacancies for this positions/functions only. The resulting eligible list will be maintained for one year. Persons interested in future vacancies within this classification must re-apply.
APPLICANTS WHO HAVE PREVIOUSLY APPLIED DO NOT NEED TO RE-APPLY.
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
Experience: Six years of experience performing environmental regulatory compliance work in the areas of water pollution control; sediment and erosion control; tidal and non-tidal wetlands; flood control and waterway construction; storm water management; coal, non-coal and surface mining; air quality and air management control; solid waste management; hazardous waste control; and oil pollution control.
1. Candidates may substitute sixty credit hours from an accredited college or university which includes thirty credit hours in any combination of disciplines such as earth science, environmental science, geology, civil or environmental engineering, biology, chemistry, agronomy, forestry or other related discipline and two years of experience performing environmental regulatory inspection or investigation work related to State, federal or local regulation, code or standard compliance for four years of the required experience.
2. Candidates may substitute the possession of a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in earth science, environmental science, geology, civil or environmental engineering, biology, chemistry, agronomy, forestry or other related discipline and two years of experience performing environmental regulatory compliance work in more than one of the following areas: water pollution control; sediment and erosion control; tidal and non-tidal wetlands; flood control and waterway construction; storm water management; coal, non-coal and surface mining; air quality and air management control; solid waste management; hazardous waste control; and oil pollution control for the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in Environmental Engineering and Natural Resources classifications or Environmental Engineering and Natural Resources specialty codes in the Engineering and Natural Resources field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
It is preferred that the selected candidate has the following:
· Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel and Google ;
· Good verbal and written communication skills;
· Must be willing to work on the Eastern Shore.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator's license valid in the State of Maryland.
2. Employees in this classification may be required to obtain and maintain certification or license in the designated environmental compliance area.
Online applications are highly recommended. However, if you are unable to apply online, the paper application (and supplemental questionnaire) may be submitted to MDE, Recruitment and Selection Division, 1800 Washington Blvd. Baltimore, MD 21230. Paper application materials must be received by 5 pm, close of business, on the closing date for the recruitment, no postmarks will be accepted.
If additional information is required, the preferred method is to upload. If you are unable to upload, please email the requested information to Peggie Jefferson, firstname.lastname@example.org. Only additional materials that are required will be accepted for this recruitment. All additional information must be received by the closing date and time. Please Reference Number 21-001880-0002.
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact Peggie Jefferson/MDE Recruitment and Examination at 410-537-3879.
If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about the online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination at 410-767-4850 or Application.Help@maryland.gov.
Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon by calling 410-537-3100 or MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruitment, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.