SOCIAL WORKER I, HEALTH SERVICES-CI
|Department||MDH RICA Baltimore|
|Date Opened||10/18/2022 1:59:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||11/17/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$54,992 - $71,488 with growth to $88,315|
|HR Analyst||Stephanie Wilson|
LOCATION OF POSITION
MDH - RICA Baltimore
Baltimore City, MD
Main Purpose of Job
- Act as social work consultant to the treatment team for psychosocial histories, treatment planning, treatment interventions and discharge planning.
- Case Management - develop and maintain effective treatment plans; consult with team members to both receive input and provide clear direction for treatment; clearly document the course of treatment; involve client/guardian in decisions about treatment; manage crises in treatment process..
- Develop and implement effective discharge plan. Communicate with supervisors, co-workers, clients and outside agencies so as to guarantee quality treatment.
- Produce reports, plans, progress notes and any other necessary documentation in a timely manner and in accord with departmental expectations and quality standards specified in the Clinical Manual.
- Perform individual therapy for assigned cases - establishes and maintains therapeutic alliance with clients. Use appropriate treatments, address significant issues and provide timely services geared to the capacities of the adolescent clients.
- Perform family therapy for assigned cases;-establish and maintain therapeutic alliance with clients. Use appropriate treatments, address significant issues and provide timely services geared to the capacities of the clients.
- Leading or co-leading up to four adolescent group therapy sessions each week in accord with unit and department plans.
- Participate with education department in developing IEP’s, FBA’s and BIP’s. Prepare clinical report of progress on social emotional IEP goals for annual IEP. Attend and participate in pre-IEP and annual IEP meetings.
Education: Determined by the Maryland State Board of Social Work Examiners under the licensing requirements for Social Workers.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Candidates must be licensed as a Graduate Social Worker (on or by June 30, 2018), Master Social Worker(on or after July 1, 2018) or Certified Social Worker by the Maryland State Board of Social Work Examiners prior to appointment to a position in State service. Applicants who do not have a license may also apply pending receipt of the required license. When the license is obtained, submit a copy to the Maryland Department of Health Testing Unit. **A COPY OF YOUR LICENSE MUST BE SUBMITTED WITH YOUR APPLICATION IN ORDER TO RECEIVE CREDIT.**
2. Candidates appointed to positions in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of an automobile. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess an appropriate operator's license valid in the State of Maryland.
Applicants who meet the minimum (and selective) qualifications will be included in further evaluation. The evaluation may be a rating of your application based on your education, training and experience as they relate to the requirements of the position. Therefore, it is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all related education, experience, dates and hours of work. Clearly indicate your college degree and major on your application, if applicable. For education obtained outside the U.S., any job offer will be contingent on the candidate providing an evaluation for equivalency by a foreign credential evaluation service prior to starting employment (and may be requested prior to interview).
Complete applications must be submitted by the closing date. Information submitted after this date will not be added.
Incorrect application forms will not be accepted. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of a completed application.
Candidates may remain on the certified eligible list for a period of at least one year. The resulting certified eligible list for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this or other State agencies.
Online applications are highly recommended. However, if you are unable to apply online, the paper application (and supplemental questionnaire) may be submitted to MDH, Recruitment and Selection Division, 201 W. Preston St., Room 114-B, Baltimore, MD 21201. Paper application materials must be received by 5 pm, close of business, on the closing date for the recruitment. No postmarks will be accepted.
If additional information is required, the preferred method is to upload. If you are unable to upload, please fax the requested information to 410-333-5689. Only additional materials that are required will be accepted for this recruitment. All additional information must be received by the closing date and time.
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact the MDH Recruitment and Selection Division at 410-767-1251.
If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about the online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850 or Application.Help@maryland.gov.
Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request by calling: 410-767-1251 or MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruitment, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.