SOCIAL WORKER ADVANCED, HEALTH SERVICES
|Department||MDH Spring Grove Hospital Center|
|Date Opened||4/22/2021 11:59:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||5/6/2021 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$53,741.00 -$69,900.00 with potential growth to $86,244.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Undreia Ford|
LOCATION OF POSITION
MDH, Spring Grove Hospital Center, Catonsville, MD
Main Purpose of Job
This position will be the (administrative) pre-trial court liaison and coordinator as the social work member of the forensic specialty team within the Office of Forensic Services at Spring Grove Hospital Center. This Office provides evaluative and consultative services to Courts around the State, in addition to operating in a liaison role with clinical teams at the Hospital regarding legal issues faced by their patients. Along with the Director of the Office of Forensic Services, this position provides consultative and educational services to clinic and administrative staff, and this position may be called upon to represent the Hospital at Statewide meetings and in county-level forensic meetings. This position will be the primary hospital liaison coordinating pre-trial Circuit Court, District Court, and Administrative Court matters and will perform the following duties:
Coordinate the court calendar for pre-trial involved patient.
Analyze and disseminate evaluative reports, court results, and legal findings - to treatment teams and to the courts as per protocol.
Coordinate ambulatory evaluations.
Administer the remote hearing process.
Represent the hospital in Circuit Court, District Court, and Administrative Court hearings as necessary & may testify as needed.
Assist teams in preparing patients for release.
This position will also routinely communicate with regional mental health courts and pre-trial diversion programs across various jurisdictions in the State of Maryland.
Education: Determined by the Maryland State Board of Social Work Examiners under the licensing requirements for Social Workers.
Experience: Four years of experience rendering clinical social work services in a health care or treatment setting subsequent to the receipt of an approved Master’s degree in Social Work, including two years experience in an area of clinical specialty.
1. Candidates may substitute one complete year of graduate social work education beyond the Master's degree at an accredited college or university for one year of experience in an area of clinical specialty. Applicants must submit a statement from the college or university that the advanced work constitutes one full year toward the completion of work required for a Doctorate degree.
2. Candidates may substitute a Doctorate degree in social work from an accredited college or university for two years of experience in an area of clinical specialty.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience at a rank of Corporal/Petty Officer or higher as a commissioned officer in Social Work classifications or Social Work specialty codes in the Social Science, Psychology, and Welfare field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
The desired candidate should possess the following:
Clinical experience working in a forensic social work setting and/or with mental health clients actively involved in the criminal justice system.
Excellent writing skills, communication skills and attention to details.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Candidates must be licensed as a Certified Social Worker-Clinical by the Maryland State Board of Social Work Examiners prior to appointment to a position in State service. Applicants who do not have the license may also apply pending receipt of the required license. When the license is obtained, submit a copy to the Maryland Department of Health Testing Unit.
2. Candidates appointed to positions in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of an automobile. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess an appropriate operator's license valid in the State of Maryland.
Applicants who meet the minimum (and selective) qualifications will be included in further evaluation. The evaluation may be a rating of your application based on your education, training and experience as they relate to the requirements of the position. Therefore, it is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all related education, experience, dates and hours of work.Clearly indicate your college degree and major on your application, if applicable. For education obtained outside the U.S., any job offer will be contingent on the candidate providing an evaluation for equivalency by a foreign credential evaluation service prior to starting employment (and may be requested prior to interview).
Online applications are highly recommended. However, if you are unable to apply online, the paper application (and supplemental questionnaire) may be submitted to MDH, Recruitment and Selection Division, 201 W. Preston St., Room 114-B, Baltimore, MD 21201. Paper application materials must be received by 5 pm, close of business, on the closing date for the recruitment. No postmarks will be accepted.
If additional information is required, the preferred method is to upload. If you are unable to upload, please fax the requested information to 410-333-5689. Only additional materials that are required will be accepted for this recruitment. All additional information must be received by the closing date and time.
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact the MDH Recruitment and Selection Division at 410-767-1251.
If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about the online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850 or Application.Help@maryland.gov.
Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request by calling: 410-767-1251 or MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruitment, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.