SOCIAL WORKER ADVANCED, HEALTH SERVICES
FULL TIME CONTRACTUAL
|Department||MDH Med Care Prgms - Ofc of Health Services|
|Date Opened||7/27/2021 1:53:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||1/14/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$25.77 - $33.51/hour, with potential growth to $41.35/hour|
|HR Analyst||Janet Esser|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
Education: Determined by the Maryland State Board of Social Work Examiners under the licensing requirements for Social Workers.
Experience: Four years of experience rendering clinical social work services in a health care or treatment setting subsequent to the receipt of an approved Master’s degree in Social Work, including two years experience in an area of clinical specialty.
1. Candidates may substitute one complete year of graduate social work education beyond the Master's degree at an accredited college or university for one year of experience in an area of clinical specialty. Applicants must submit a statement from the college or university that the advanced work constitutes one full year toward the completion of work required for a Doctorate degree.
2. Candidates may substitute a Doctorate degree in social work from an accredited college or university for two years of experience in an area of clinical specialty.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience at a rank of Corporal/Petty Officer or higher as a commissioned officer in Social Work classifications or Social Work specialty codes in the Social Science, Psychology, and Welfare field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Three years of clinical experience bedside, acute care or LTC in at least two areas of nursing with demonstrated experience in preparation of detailed and organized chronologies (utilization review, quality assurance, nursing risk management or legal/forensic nursing);
- Three years of experience working with multiple clinical populations such as individuals with chronic conditions, intellectual disabilities, cognitive, neurological, and behavioral impediments;
- Three years of experience testifying as a clinical expert witness and preparing exhibits for hearings/court proceedings;
- Experience utilizing case management systems and/or data management systems; and,
- Two years of experience accurately interpreting and applying Medical Assistance policies and regulations.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Candidates must be licensed as a Certified Social Worker-Clinical by the Maryland State Board of Social Work Examiners prior to appointment to a position in State service. Applicants who do not have the license may also apply pending receipt of the required license. When the license is obtained, submit a copy to the Maryland Department of Health Testing Unit. A copy of your license or license number and expiration date must accompany your application.
2. Candidates appointed to positions in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of an automobile. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess an appropriate operator's license valid in the State of Maryland.
Applicants who meet the minimum (and selective) qualifications will be included in further evaluation. The evaluation may be a rating of your application based on your education, training and experience as they relate to the requirements of the position. Therefore, it is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all related education, experience, dates and hours of work. Clearly indicate your college degree and major on your application, if applicable. For education obtained outside the U.S., any job offer will be contingent on the candidate providing an evaluation for equivalency by a foreign credential evaluation service prior to starting employment (and may be requested prior to interview).
Complete applications must be submitted by the closing date. Information submitted after this date will not be added.
Incorrect application forms will not be accepted. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of a completed application.
Candidates may remain on the certified eligible list for a period of at least one year. The resulting certified eligible list for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this or other State agencies.
Contractual employees who work for an agency covered under the State Employee and Retiree Health and Welfare Benefits Program, have a current employment contract and work 30 or more hours a week (or on average 130 hours per month) may be eligible for subsidized health benefits coverage for themselves and their dependents. As a contractual employee, you will be responsible for paying 25% of the premiums for your medical and prescription coverage, including any eligible dependents you have enrolled. The State of Maryland will subsidize the remaining 75% of the cost for these benefits. You can also elect to enroll in dental coverage, accidental death and dismemberment insurance, and life insurance, but will be responsible to pay the full premium for these benefits.
Leave may be granted to a contractual employee who has worked 120 days in a 12 month period. This leave accrues at a rate of one hour for every 30 hours worked, not to exceed 40 hours per calendar year.
Online applications are highly recommended. However, if you are unable to apply online, the paper application (and supplemental questionnaire) may be submitted to MDH, Recruitment and Selection Division, 201 W. Preston St., Room 114-B, Baltimore, MD 21201. Paper application materials must be received by 5 pm, close of business, on the closing date for the recruitment, no postmarks will be accepted.
If additional information is required, the preferred method is to upload. If you are unable to upload, please fax the requested information to 410-333-5689. Only additional materials that are required will be accepted for this recruitment. All additional information must be received by the closing date and time.
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact the MDH Recruitment and Selection Division at 410-767-1251.
If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about the online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850 or Application.Help@maryland.gov.
Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request by calling: 410-767-1251 or MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruitment, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.