SOCIAL WORK SUPERVISOR, HEALTH SERVICES **REPOST**
|Department||MDH Springfield Hospital Center|
|Date Opened||2/1/2021 11:59:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||10/15/2021 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$54,279.00 - $70,600.00/year with potential growth to $87,106.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Charon Davis|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
- Provides supervision, participates in Social Work Leadership, chairs department committees, and, as needed, provides clinical services.
- Represents the hospital and social work department in hospital and community programs in order to coordinate efforts regarding the needs of mental health consumers. This is done by collaboration with community mental health resources and hospital staff.
- Participates in ongoing performance improvement and special projects as requested. This is done through analysis of treatment and program outcomes and participation in performance improvement teams.
- Maintains the clinical and age/population specific competencies in social work practice. This is done through specialized knowledge of patient needs and services, and through maintenance of knowledge and skills for effective intervention.
Education: Determined by the Maryland State Board of Social Work Examiners under the licensing requirements for Social Workers.
Experience: Four years of experience rendering clinical social work services in a health care or treatment setting subsequent to the receipt of an approved Master’s degree in Social Work from an accredited college or university.
Note: Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience at a rank of Corporal/Petty Officer or higher as a commissioned officer in Social Work classifications or Social Work specialty codes in the Social Science, Psychology, and Welfare field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Supervisory experience.
- Experience working with psychiatric population.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Candidates must be licensed as a Certified Social Worker-Clinical by the Maryland State Board of Social Work Examiners prior to appointment to a position in State service. Applicants who do not have the license may also apply pending receipt of the required license. When the license is obtained, submit a copy to the Maryland Department of Health Testing Unit.
2. Candidates appointed to positions in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of an automobile. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess an appropriate operator's license valid in the State of Maryland.
Applicants who meet the minimum (and selective) qualifications will be included in further evaluation. The evaluation may be a rating of your application based on your education, training and experience as they relate to the requirements of the position. Therefore, it is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all related education, experience, dates and hours of work. Clearly indicate your college degree and major on your application, if applicable. For education obtained outside the U.S., any job offer will be contingent on the candidate providing an evaluation for equivalency by a foreign credential evaluation service prior to starting employment (and may be requested prior to interview).
Complete applications must be submitted by the closing date. Information submitted after this date will not be added.
Incorrect application forms will not be accepted. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of a completed application.
Candidates may remain on the certified eligible list for a period of at least one year. The resulting certified eligible list for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this or other State agencies.
Online applications are highly recommended. However, if you are unable to apply online, the paper application (and supplemental questionnaire) may be submitted to MDH, Recruitment and Selection Division, 201 W. Preston St., Room 114-B, Baltimore, MD 21201. Paper application materials must be received by 5 pm, close of business, on the closing date for the recruitment. No postmarks will be accepted.
If additional information is required, the preferred method is to upload. If you are unable to upload, please fax the requested information to 410-333-5689. Only additional materials that are required will be accepted for this recruitment. All additional information must be received by the closing date and time.
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact the MDH Recruitment and Selection Division at 410-767-1251.
If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about the online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850 or Application.Help@maryland.gov.
Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request by calling: 410-767-1251 or MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruitment, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|