MSP INSTRUCTOR PILOT
|Department||MSP - Support Services Bureau|
|Date Opened||1/3/2022 10:50:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||1/17/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$91,586.00 - $120,852.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Rita Thomas|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Maryland State Police Aviation Command
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
Experience: Completion of 2600 helicopter flight hours as a FAA licensed pilot.
Note: Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non-commissioned officer in Naval Aviation Pilot classifications or Rotary Wing Aviator, Pilot, or Pilots/Naval Flight Officers specialty codes in the Piloting field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Employees in this classification must possess and maintain FAA Commercial Helicopter multi-engine certification.
2. Employees in this classification must possess and maintain FAA 2nd Class Physical certification.
3. Employees in this classification must possess and maintain an acceptable Instrument Helicopter Rating as determined by FAA regulations and required by the MSP Aviation Command.
4. Employees must possess and maintain FAA Helicopter Pilot certification.
5. Employees must possess and maintain an FAA Helicopter Instructor Pilot Instrument certification.
6. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
1. Candidates for positions in this classification will be subject to an initial drug screening and a complete criminal background investigation, to include a polygraph examination, by the Maryland State Police before permanent appointment can be made. A criminal conviction record may be grounds for rejection of the applicant.
The selection process for this recruitment will involve a review of each application. Applicants who meet the minimum qualifications will be placed on an eligible list in the BEST, BETTER or QUALIFIED category. The list will be used by the hiring manager to select the individual to fill the vacancy. The list will be valid for one year.
The examination will consist of a rating of your education, training and experience related to the requirements of the position. You may be required to complete a qualifications supplement, or the rating may be based on your application. Report all experience and education that is related to this position. Applicants may be given a physical examination and will be subject to an interview, background investigation, polygraph examination and substance abuse testing.
NOTE: Currently, applicants are limited to uploading one file. As a result, it is strongly urged that those applying upload ALL required and additional documents (undergraduate and graduate transcripts, resumes, etc.) as one file.