NATURAL RESOURCES PLANNER I
|Department||MDE - Water and Science Administration (WSA)|
|Date Opened||11/24/2021 3:27:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||12/9/2021 5:00:00 PM|
|Salary||$39,768 - $51,195 w/ potential to - $62,882. Salary guidelines may apply to MD State employees|
|HR Analyst||Peggie Jefferson|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Maryland Department of the Environment
Water & Science Administration/Annapolis Field Services Program
416 Chinquapin Road.
Main Purpose of Job
- Work may involve exposure to hazardous conditions which may result in injury.
- The position requires the performance of water quality work upon a monitoring vessel in the Chesapeake Bay, Coastal Bays and the Atlantic Ocean.
- Work involves exposure to extremely hazardous conditions when responding to fish kills or water quality emergencies in toxic Pfiesteria infected waters.
- Exposure to wastewater effluent and polluted surface waters may contain vectors of human disease.
- Possible exposure to hazardous substances exists at water treatment facilities (ex. chlorine gas).
- Work may involve special physical demands such as lifting 50 pounds or more, climbing ladders, etc.
- Work may require use of protective equipment such as goggles, gloves, mask, etc.
Education: Possession of a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in an environmental science or natural resources planning, management or development.
Notes: 1. Possession of a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in urban or regional planning, engineering, physical geography, or the physical, chemical, biological sciences and one year of experience in natural resources planning or applied environmental science may be substituted for the required education.
2. Possession of a Master’s Degree from an accredited college or university in natural resources planning, management, administration, development, environmental, urban or regional planning; resources economics or development; environmental system management; water or land resources planning and management; environmental landscape architecture; or the physical, biological, chemical or environmental sciences maybe substituted for up to three years of the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in the general natural resources management and biological sciences classifications or general natural resources management and biological sciences specialty codes in the general natural resources management and biological sciences field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
It is preferred that the selected candidate has the following:
· Experience with ARCGIS (Mobile, Desktop, Pro);
· Experience with reports writing;
· Must be willing to work on the Eastern Shore.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Applicants who meet the minimum (and selective) qualifications will be included in further evaluation. The evaluation may be a rating of your application based on your education, training and experience as they relate to the requirements of this position. Applicants meeting the minimum qualifications will be placed on the Eligible List categorized as BEST QUALIFIED. Therefore, it is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all related education, experience, dates and hours of work. Clearly indicate your college degree and major on your application, if applicable. Please note that you will be required by the appointing agency to provide proof upon hire of all certifications, licenses, educational and work experiences.
For education obtained outside the U.S., any job offer will be contingent on the candidate providing an evaluation for equivalency by a foreign credential evaluation service prior to starting employment (and may be requested prior to interview).
Completed applications must be submitted by the closing date. Information submitted after this date will not be added. Incorrect application forms will not be accepted. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of a completed application.
Candidates may remain on the certified eligible list for a period of at least one year. The resulting certified eligible list for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this or other State agencies.
All Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States under the Immigration and Reform Control Act. You must be legally authorized and possess any necessary documents under this Act in order to be hired in the position for which you applied.
Online applications are highly recommended. However, if you are unable to apply online, the paper application (and supplemental questionnaire) may be submitted to MDE, Recruitment and Selection Division, 1800 Washington Blvd., Baltimore, MD 21230. Paper application materials must be received by 5 pm, close of business, on the closing date for the recruitment, no postmarks will be accepted.
If additional information is required, the preferred method is to upload. If you are unable to upload, please email the requested information to Peggie Jefferson, email@example.com. Only additional materials that are required will be accepted for this recruitment. All additional information must be received by the closing date and time. Please Reference Number: 21-002308-0009.
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact Peggie Jefferson/MDE Recruitment and Examination at 410-537-3879. If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about the online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination at 410-767-4850 or Application.Help@maryland.gov.
Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon by calling 410-537-3100 or MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruitment, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.