|Department||DPSCS Maryland Parole Commission|
|Date Opened||4/22/2021 11:59:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||5/6/2021 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$34,858.00 - $54,732.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Tiara Massey|
LOCATION OF POSITION
6776 Reisterstown Road Suite 307
Baltimore, MD 21215
The main purpose of this position is to provide secretarial support to the Support Services Administrator who is responsible for managing the budget, fleet management, inventory, personnel matters, and procurement. This position is also responsible for timekeeping, forms management, postage monitoring, training schedules, and leasing maintenance. This position also handles the responsibility of parole diversion options, and reviewing and commenting on legislative matters involving the Commission.
• Ensures that time sheets are promptly entered in conjunction with the ending pay periods.
• Tracks and monitors all payroll exceptions (LWOP, Accident Leave, Leave Bank, Disciplinary etc..)
• Ensures that payroll exceptions are submitted to Human Resources in advance of the ending pay period in accordance with the established schedule.
• Verifies coding on timesheet to ensure accurate submission.
• Ensures that applicable medical documentation, leave slips, and/or overtime slips are attached to time sheets prior to data entry.
• Maintains inventory of supplies to ensure availability.
• Distributes supplies weekly to each unit as requested.
• Ensures that telework packets are appropriately processed and filed for reporting purposes.
• Ensures that reimbursement forms are promptly processed in accordance with established timeframes.
• Maintains internal database for fleet usage.
• Maintains postage meter and copier logs to ensure appropriate usage and availability.
• Enters and tracks maintenance issues regarding remedy tickets.
• Maintains register of authorized forms used by the agency and updates as necessary.
• Prepares packet for new hires.
• Maintains database for all training activities.
• Assists with the completion of the annual inventory report.
• Ensures that deliveries are complete and properly stored.
• Assists with the preparation of the annual report.
• Provides assistance with video conferencing hearings when necessary
Applicants must meet all minimum (and selective) qualifications to be considered, and to appear on the list of people eligible for hire. Please read all requirements before applying.
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
Experience: Four years performing secretarial work or clerical work involving typing duties.
1. Additional secretarial or clerical experience may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
2. Thirty credit hours with a major in secretarial science or office technology from an accredited college may be substituted at the rate of thirty credits for one year of experience for up to two years of the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non-commissioned officer in Administration classifications or Administrative, Clerical, or Office Services specialty codes in the Administrative Support field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
Applicants must meet the selective qualification(s) to be considered. Include clear and specific information on your application regarding your qualifications.
Six months of experience creating and maintaining purchase requisitions.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Preference will be given to applicants who possess the following preferred qualification(s). Include clear and specific information on your application regarding your qualifications.
-Experience entering data accurately into a tracking system.
-Experience with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
-Experience with Purchase Requisitions.
LIMITATIONS ON SELECTION
Online applications are highly recommended. However, if you are unable to apply online, the paper application and supplemental questionnaire may be emailed to email@example.com or faxed to 410-484-5928. Paper application materials must be received in our office by the closing date for the recruitment.
If you are submitting additional information, the preferred method is to upload it with your application. All uploaded additional information must be received by the closing date and time. If you are unable to upload,
please email the requested information to firstname.lastname@example.org referencing the recruitment number in the subject line, or fax to 410-484-5928 (providing a cover sheet with your contact information,
recruitment name, recruitment number and the number of pages faxed). Only additional materials that are requested will be accepted for this recruitment.
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact the Department of Public Safety and Correctional Services, HRSD-Recruitment & Examination at 410-339-4200, MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.
If you are having difficulties with submitting your online application, please contact the DBM Recruitment and Examination Division at Application.Help@maryland.gov or 410-767-4850.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining, and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.