|Department||MLGCA Video Lottery Terminal|
|Date Opened||5/1/2021 01:30:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||5/15/2021 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$50,971.00 - $81,596.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Tyrice Gorham|
This is a full time position for the Maryland Lottery & Gaming Control Agency.
LOCATION OF POSITION
1800 Washington Boulevard
Baltimore, MD 21230
Main Purpose of Job
This position will be responsible for investigations leading to the determination of the financial, regulatory and overall due diligence considerations for Casino operators, fantasy competition operators, manufacturers, their officers, directors, employees, and other designated persons to determine license suitability. This position will support the enforcement programs implemented to enhance the role of the division. The individual will uphold the required compliance mandated by the Licensing Division to maintain the integrity of the position and the division.
- Perform in-depth examination, evaluation, and investigation of all applications to provide assurance that applicants meet financial suitability requirements as established by law;
- Conduct interviews of applicants, witnesses, and other relevant parties to corroborate information on applications;
- Examine and analyze financial documents, accounting records, bank statements, computer records, business records, public documents, and other relevant records;
- Prepare detailed reports, charts, graphs, and other relevant material for use in presentations to interested persons and/or groups;
- Possesses and maintains a working knowledge of Maryland Gaming Laws, COMAR and Division policies that govern the investigation of an applicant’s licensure;
- Maintain each case file and documentation within the eLicensing database;
- Provides constituents, businesses, customers, and stakeholders with services in accordance with the State of Maryland Customer Service Promise.
Education: A Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.
Experience: Four years of experience in administrative staff or professional work.
1. Additional experience in administrative staff or professional work may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
2. Additional graduate level education at an accredited college or university may be substituted at the rate of 30 semester credit hours on a year-for-year basis for the required general experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer involving staff work related to the administration of rules, regulations, policy, procedures and processes, or overseeing or coordinating unit operations or functioning as a staff assistant to a higher ranking commissioned officer on a year-for-year basis for the required education and experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience in the analysis of corporate and individual income tax returns to detect potentially inconsistent, inaccurate and fraudulent information;
- Experience in the analysis of corporate finances to determine the financial stability and suitability per COMAR regulations;
- Strong analytical skills that involve review of financial documents, accounting records, bank statements, business records, public records, tax records that determine the financial suitability of an applicant.
- Strong technical writing skills.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|