Lead Risk Management Coordinator
|Department||DHS - Office of the Secretary|
|Date Opened||9/7/2021 11:15:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||9/21/2021 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$50,971.00 - $66,155/year with potential growth to $81,596.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Cynthia McMillian|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Department of Human Services
Division of Administrative Operations
311 W. Saratoga Street
Baltimore, MD 21201
Main Purpose of Job
Applicants must meet all minimum (and selective) qualifications to be considered, and to appear on the list of people eligible for hire. Please read all requirements before applying.
Education: A Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.
Experience: Four years of experience in administrative staff or professional work.
1. Additional experience in administrative staff or professional work may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
2. Additional graduate level education at an accredited college or university may be substituted at the rate of 30 semester credit hours on a year-for-year basis for the required general experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer involving staff work related to the administration of rules, regulations, policy, procedures and processes, or overseeing or coordinating unit operations or functioning as a staff assistant to a higher ranking commissioned officer on a year-for-year basis for the required education and experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Preference will be given to applicants who possess the following preferred qualification(s). Include clear and specific information on your application regarding your qualifications.
1. One year of experience in healthcare, a clinical background and familiarity with medical terminology is preferred.
2. One year of experience in the interpretation and application of worker’s compensation laws is preferred.
3. One year of experience managing and maintaining confidential correspondence and reports for executive level staff in an office setting.
4. One year of experience using Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint for example), Google Suite (Google Sheets, Google Docs, Gmail, Google Calendar, and Google Voice), and web-based applications.
5. One year of experience responding to internal and external customer requests that requires critical thinking, problem solving, and decision-making authority.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show
that you meet
the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year.
The examination will consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience as presented on your application and as they relate to the requirements of the position. You may be asked to complete a supplemental questionnaire. The supplemental questionnaire may be used as part of the rating process. Therefore, it is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application.
For education obtained outside the U.S., a copy of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service is required prior to hire.
The online application process is STRONGLY preferred. If
you are unable to apply online, you may mail a paper application and supplement
questionnaire to: Department of Human Services, Examination Services Unit, 311
W. Saratoga Street, Room 142 Baltimore, Maryland 21201.
All mailed documents must include the applicant's name and the job number and must be received by 5 p.m on the closing date. Resumes will NOT be accepted in lieu of completing the application.
If additional information is required, the preferred method is to upload. If unable to upload, please email requested information only to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only additional materials that are required will be accepted for this recruitment. All additional information must be received by the closing date and time.
If you have any questions concerning this recruitment process for this position, please contact 410-767-7199.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply. We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.