WORKFORCE DATA ANALYST
|Department||LABOR Workforce Dev - Ofc of the Asst Secy|
|Date Opened||9/8/2021 11:02:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||9/22/2021 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$50,971.00 - $66,155.00 (With Potential Growth to $81,596.00/year)|
|HR Analyst||Brittany Small|
The Maryland Department of Labor, (Labor), Administrator II. This recruitment will be used to fill current and future vacancies. All candidates must meet the minimum qualifications during the time apply. The resulting eligible list will be maintained for one year after the closing date of the announcement.is accepting applications from qualified candidates for the position of
This position is located in the Office of Workforce Information and Performance (OWIP) under a USDOL Workforce Data Quality Initiative (WDQI) grant. The Workforce Data Quality Initiative (WDQI)
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
- Enable workforce data to be matched with education data to ultimately create longitudinal data systems with individual-level information beginning with pre-kindergarten through post-secondary schooling all the way through entry and sustained participation in the workforce and employment services system.
- Conduct original research into various localized workforce trends and characteristics, including, but not limited to, educational. Industry profiles, employment trends, occupational wage data, and labor supply/demand at the local level if the data is available and meets confidentiality guidelines.
-Improve the quality and breadth of the data in the workforce data systems. Use longitudinal data to provide useful information about program operations and analyze the performance of education and employment and training programs.
-Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain databases/data systems
-Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
-Analyze, evaluate, and overcome program risks, and produce program reports for management and stakeholders
Education: A Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.
Experience: Four years of experience in administrative staff or professional work.
1. Additional experience in administrative staff or professional work may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
2. Additional graduate level education at an accredited college or university may be substituted at the rate of 30 semester credit hours on a year-for-year basis for the required general experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer involving staff work related to the administration of rules, regulations, policy, procedures and processes, or overseeing or coordinating unit operations or functioning as a staff assistant to a higher ranking commissioned officer on a year-for-year basis for the required education and experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
1. A degree in statistics, mathematics or a related subject involving matters such as economics or data science
2. Excellent verbal and written communication skills (public speaking experience is a plus)
3. Ability to understand and interpret program policy and apply necessary procedures and processes.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
All candidates are subject to a background check against files maintained by the division of Unemployment Insurance (LABOR/DUI) to determine whether any monies are owed to LABOR/DUI because of an unemployment insurance overpayment and/or fraud. Any unpaid debt may have an impact on whether or not a candidate is offered employment.
Applicants must provide sufficient information on the application to show they meet the qualifications for this recruitment. RESumes are not acceptable and not considered in the selection process. All information concerning the qualifications, including any required documentation (diploma, transcript, certificate, etc.) must be submitted and received by the closing date. Information submitted after this date will not be considered. Applications that meet minimum and/or selective qualifications will be referred to the hiring unit for interview selection. Units will select those candidates most closely demonstrating the qualifications for interview.
The online application process is STRONGLY preferred. If you are unable to apply online, you may mail a paper application and supplemental questionnaire to: