Digital Content Manager
|Department||COMM- Marketing & Communications|
|Date Opened||2/23/2021 12:45:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||3/9/2021 3:30:00 PM|
|Salary||$54,279.00 - $87,106.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Beth Richard|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
Education: A Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.
Experience: Five years of experience in administrative staff or professional work. One year of this experience must have involved one or more of the following: the supervision of other employees, overseeing and coordinating the general operations of a unit, applying rules and regulations, or exercising responsibility for the development of policies or procedures.
1. Additional experience in administrative staff or professional work may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
2. Additional graduate level education at an accredited college or university may be substituted at the rate of 30 semester credit hours on a year-for-year basis for the required general experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer involving staff work related to the administration of rules, regulations, policy, procedures and processes, or overseeing or coordinating unit operations or functioning as a staff assistant to a higher ranking commissioned officer on a year-for-year basis for the required education and experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in marketing, communications, or related field.
- Three (3) or more years of experience working in a social and digital marketing, communications, or related field.
- Professional experience producing and maintaining original content for digital media such as websites and social networks.
- Experience managing an email marketing program,
- Experience optimizing digital content for search engines (SEO).
- Experience with digital content strategy and user experience design.
- General understanding of how web code works.
- Experience managing content on the following platforms is a plus: WordPress, SharePoint, Django, KnackHQ, ArcGIS, Mailchimp, GovDelivery, MS Office Suite, Google Drive Suite, HTML, and Google Analytics.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year.
The evaluation may consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience related to the requirements of the position. It is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all experience and education that is related to this position.
If you have questions about this recruitment, please contact the Department of Commerce at 410-767-6300. You may also visit our website at: http://commerce.maryland.gov/commerce.
It is highly preferred that you apply online at http://commerce.maryland.gov/careers - review Career Openings section. Please attach a resume along with the supplemental questionnaire to your online application. If you are unable to apply online, you may submit the State paper application and resume, (by closing date) to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Maryland Department of Commerce - Office of Human Resources
ATTN: Digital Content Manager #21-002588-0008
World Trade Center – 401 East Pratt Street, 10TH Floor
Baltimore, Maryland 21202
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay 1-800-735-2258
People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country and encourage them to apply.
As an E-Verify and Equal Opportunity Employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|