Energy Data Analyst
|Department||DGS Facilities Planning Design & Construction|
|Date Opened||6/3/2021 09:37:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||6/28/2021 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$54,279 - $87,106/year (based on qualifications and salary rules)|
|HR Analyst||Mojisola Ogungbe|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
- Assist the Database Manager to support de-regulated power and gas procurement and portfolio management, through detailed analysis of the impact of wholesale and retail rates on State accounts, including detailed review and validation of monthly charges from the State’s various utilities and energy vendors.
- Assist with reviewing and assessing completeness, quality and accuracy of utility records housed in the State Utility Database, and to evaluate performance of various State agency energy efficiency initiatives.
- Support the evaluation of the performance of various State agency energy efficiency initiatives.
- Support the analysis and preparation of customized reports, as directed by Chief, Energy Markets Solutions and Special Projects. Advise the Chief of any issues which may require corrective action.
- Support databases of monthly energy usage and charges for major accounts
- Support the Green Purchasing Data Analysis & Reporting function.
- Assist with the data collection, validation, mining and quantitative analysis for the Green Purchasing Committee’s Annual Report.
- Main tasks include collecting quarterly data reports from vendors and State agencies; verifying products; environmental attributes against established standards; analyzing total “green” spend vs. “non-green spend,” and determining the quantitative benefits of buying green.
- Communicate with State agencies and vendors to support data collection efforts.
Education: A Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.
Experience: Five years of experience in administrative staff or professional work. One year of this experience must have involved one or more of the following: the supervision of other employees, overseeing and coordinating the general operations of a unit, applying rules and regulations, or exercising responsibility for the development of policies or procedures.
1. Additional experience in administrative staff or professional work may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
2. Additional graduate level education at an accredited college or university may be substituted at the rate of 30 semester credit hours on a year-for-year basis for the required general experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer involving staff work related to the administration of rules, regulations, policy, procedures and processes, or overseeing or coordinating unit operations or functioning as a staff assistant to a higher ranking commissioned officer on a year-for-year basis for the required education and experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- A Bachelor’s degree in accounting, engineering, science or mathematics from an accredited college or university.
- Three (3) years’ experience with utility bill analysis.
- Three (3) years’ experience with energy markets.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|