STATEWIDE EEO COMPLIANCE OFFICER
|Department||Department of Budget and Management|
|Date Opened||8/30/2021 11:59:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||9/30/2021 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$54,279.00 - $87,106.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Cheryl Murphy|
The Department of Budget and Management (DBM), is seeking an experienced and energetic individual to fill the position of Administrator III (Statewide Compliance Officer) in the Statewide EEO Director's Office.
LOCATION OF POSITION
Education: A Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.
Experience: Five years of experience in administrative staff or professional work. One year of this experience must have involved one or more of the following: the supervision of other employees, overseeing and coordinating the general operations of a unit, applying rules and regulations, or exercising responsibility for the development of policies or procedures.
1. Additional experience in administrative staff or professional work may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
2. Additional graduate level education at an accredited college or university may be substituted at the rate of 30 semester credit hours on a year-for-year basis for the required general experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer involving staff work related to the administration of rules, regulations, policy, procedures and processes, or overseeing or coordinating unit operations or functioning as a staff assistant to a higher ranking commissioned officer on a year-for-year basis for the required education and experience.
- EEO or Civil Rights investigations;
- EEO report writing; and
- Training on topics related to discrimination and EEO in the workplace.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Knowledge of federal and State EEO and Civil Rights laws and statutes, including but not limited to, Title VII Civil Rights Act of 1964; ADA; State Personnel and Pensions Article § 2-203.1; § 5-2 and § 5-3; and State government Article Title 20;
- Excellent organizational and communication skills (both verbal and written);
- Strong analytical skills and experience analyzing EEO data and developing related reports;
- Skilled in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year.For education obtained outside the U.S., a copy of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service must be provided prior to hire.
The assessment may consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience related to the requirements of the position. It is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all experience and education that is related to this position.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay