Energy Account Manager
|Department||DGS Facilities Planning Design & Construction|
|Date Opened||4/5/2021 2:45:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||4/19/2021 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$57,862.00 - $92,897.00/year (based on qualifications and salary rules)|
|HR Analyst||Tammy Vehstedt|
LOCATION OF POSITION
This position is with the Maryland Department of General Services, Office of Energy and Sustainability, located at 301 W. Preston Street, Baltimore, MD 21201.
Main Purpose of Job
The main purpose of this position is to support the Chief, Energy Market Solutions & Special Projects, in activities related to monitoring State agency energy billing and deregulated energy procurement. This position is responsible for detailed data and utility bill analysis, report preparation, briefing departmental executives, and managing vendors and technical service contracts.
Duties for this position include but are not limited to:
- Support de-regulated power and gas portfolio management through detailed analysis of the impact of block and index rates for major accounts.
- Review utility accounts for errors and negotiate with vendors to correct discrepancies.
- Review and assess current utility records housed in the State Energy Database to evaluate performance of various state agency energy efficiency initiatives.
- Maintain detailed databases of monthly energy usage and charges for major accounts.
- Advise Chief, Energy Market Solutions & Special Projects, of any issues which may require corrective action.
- Conduct detailed analysis and prepare customized reports as directed by the Chief, Energy Market Solutions & Special Projects.
Education: A Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.
Experience: Five years of experience in administrative staff or professional work. One year of this experience must have involved one or more of the following: the supervision of other employees, overseeing and coordinating the general operations of a unit, applying rules and regulations, or exercising responsibility for the development of policies or procedures.
1. Additional experience in administrative staff or professional work may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
2. Additional graduate level education at an accredited college or university may be substituted at the rate of 30 semester credit hours on a year-for-year basis for the required general experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer involving staff work related to the administration of rules, regulations, policy, procedures and processes, or overseeing or coordinating unit operations or functioning as a staff assistant to a higher ranking commissioned officer on a year-for-year basis for the required education and experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Strong preference will be given to applicants who possess the following preferred qualifications. Include clear and specific information on your application regarding all qualifications.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, engineering, science or mathematics from an accredited college or university.
- Experience analyzing utility bills for errors and discrepancies, at a utility company or large organization.
- Experience analyzing the impact of block and index rates of energy markets, for a utility company or energy commodity supplier.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator's license valid in the State of Maryland.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year and may be extended. The list will be used by the hiring authority to select employees for interviews. Eligible lists may be used to fill future vacancies of the same classification.Note that for any position requiring a college degree or college credit, you will be required to submit a college transcript prior to being offered a position. You may submit your transcript as part of the application process.
Contact email@example.com or call 410-767-4986 with questions about this recruitment. The on-line application process is STRONGLY preferred. Apply online at www.dgs.maryland.gov – click on Employment on the left side of the screen. If you are unable to submit your application online, please send your paper application to: Human Resources, Dept. of General Services, 301 W. Preston St., Suite 1311, Baltimore, MD 21201 by the closing date and time.TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply. We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|