DJS RESOURCES SPECIALIST
|Department||DJS Community Operations Region 2|
|Date Opened||11/23/2021 12:51:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||12/7/2021 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$47,407.00 - $75,675.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Jakiraman Jones|
LOCATION OF POSITION
106 East Main Street, Suite 102
Elkton, MD 21921
Main Purpose of Job
The DJS Resources Specialist will coordinate and advise on the placement process for youth who are under the jurisdiction of Cecil County in the Maryland Department of Juvenile Services Region-2. The DJS Resources Specialist will work directly with staff regarding the needs of youth by providing expertise in treatment options, fiscal resources, availability of programs and program development. The DJS Resources Specialist will ensure that the provision of individualized services to youth are appropriate and efficient by identifying and procuring services that meet the needs of the youth in the least restrictive environment, and are fiscally responsible and consistent with public safety concerns.
Education: A Bachelor’s degree in the social or behavioral sciences or criminal justice from an accredited four year college or university.
Experience: Two years of experience providing case management services to emotionally or socially maladjusted, delinquent, victimized or exceptional juveniles in a community or residential setting.
1. Candidates may substitute possession of an Associate of Arts degree in the social or behavioral sciences or criminal justice from an accredited college or university and two years of experience providing direct services to children in a community or residential setting for the required education.
2. Candidates may substitute possession of a Master’s degree in the social or behavioral sciences or criminal justice from an accredited college or university for one year of the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in Social Services classifications or Social Services specialty codes in the Social Science, Psychology and Welfare field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience and education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Knowledge of public and private resources that address DJS juvenile service needs
- Experience with DJS placement process
- Experience working with the ASSIST database system
LIMITATIONS ON SELECTION
This recruitment is limited to current Maryland Department of Juvenile Services Employees.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the employment (eligible) list for at least one year.
The assessment will be a rating of your application based on your education, training and experience as they relate to the requirements of the position. Therefore, it is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all related experience and education. For education obtained outside the U.S., you will be required to provide proof of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service. Please note that your answers on the Supplemental Questionnaire must correspond to the information provided on your application to receive credit.
The online application process is Strongly urged. However, if you are unable to apply on line you may mail a paper application to the address below or fax a paper application to the fax number below. If you choose to fax or regular mail you must include on each page of the attachment your First and Last Name, the Recruitment Number that is located at the top of the bulletin and the last 4 digits of your SS#. Incorrect application forms will not be accepted:
Maryland Department of Juvenile Services
OHR-Recruitment & Examination Unit
217 E. Redwood Street
Baltimore, MD 21202
Attention: Jakiraman Jones
Fax number 410-333-4188
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
Should additional information regarding this recruitment be required, please contact DJS Office of Human Resources at email@example.com Include the Recruitment Title/Number that is located at the top of the bulletin.
DJS values the experience gained by Veterans while serving our country. Veterans are welcome to apply for all current recruitments.
The resulting Certified Eligible List for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this or other State agencies.