DJS YOUTH TRANSPORTATION OFFICER TRAINEE
|Department||DJS Baltimore City Region - Administration|
|Date Opened||6/4/2021 8:00:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||6/18/2021 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$32,820.00 - $51,385.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Tabitha Andrews|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate acceptable to the Maryland State Board of Education as described in the Maryland Correctional Training Commission regulation.
Note: The above educational requirement is set by the Maryland Correctional Training Commission in accordance with the Correctional Services Article, Section 8-209, Annotated Code of Maryland.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Employees in this classification must complete and successfully pass the Entrance Level Correctional Training Course for DJS support staff required for the Maryland Correctional Training Commission certificate during the probationary period.
2. Employees in this classification will be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
1. In accordance with the Correctional Services Article, Section 8-209 of the Annotated Code of Maryland, the Maryland Correctional Training Commission shall establish the minimum qualifications for probationary or permanent appointment of a Department of Juvenile Services employee in a mandated position. These requirements are listed in detail in the Code of Maryland Regulations 12.10.01.04, general regulations of the Maryland Correctional Training Commission, and include:
U.S. Citizenship or Resident Alien status
Must be at least 21 years of age
A thorough background check, including fingerprinting and drug testing
An oral interview, and
Physical and psychological examinations.
2. Employees in this classification may be subject to call-in 24 hours a day and, therefore, may be supplied with a pager or be required to provide the employing agency with a telephone number at which they can be reached.
3. Employees in this classification are subject to substance abuse testing in accordance with Code of Maryland Regulation 17.04.09.03 – Testing for Illegal Use of Drugs.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|