RESEARCH STATISTICIAN IV
Education Research & Evaluation Specialist
|Department||MSDE - Division of Early Childhood Development|
|Date Opened||1/6/2022 09:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||1/20/2022 09:00:00 AM|
|Salary||$50,971.00 - $81,596.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Marcia Cooper-stokes|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
Education: A Master’s degree from an accredited college or university including nine credit hours in research methodology, theoretical or applied statistics and measurement theory.
Experience: Three years of experience in statistical research.
Note: Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in Statistician classifications or Statistician and Intelligence Officer specialty codes in the Statistics field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required education and experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Knowledge and understanding of research methodology, principles and techniques of descriptive and inferential statistics, sampling theory and measurement theory and procedures of the principles involved in designing and executing statistical research studies in education or public administration;
- Ability to design and direct research projects of considerable scope and complexity;
- Ability to administer statistical divisions including selection;
- Orientation, training and supervision of sizeable numbers of subordinate professional and nonprofessional employees;
- Ability to interpret and present statistical findings clearly and concisely, to professional colleagues, administrators, program directors, public officials and the general public;
Contractual employees who work for an agency covered under the State Employee and Retiree Health and Welfare Benefits Program, have a current employment contract and work 30 or more hours a week (or on average 130 hours per month) may be eligible for subsidized health benefits coverage for themselves and their dependents. As a contractual employee, you will be responsible for paying 25% of the premiums for your medical and prescription coverage, including any eligible dependents you have enrolled. The State of Maryland will subsidize the remaining 75% of the cost for these benefits. You can also elect to enroll in dental coverage, accidental death and dismemberment insurance, and life insurance, but will be responsible to pay the full premium for these benefits.
Leave may be granted to a contractual employee who has worked 120 days in a 12 month period. This leave accrues at a rate of one hour for every 30 hours worked, not to exceed 40 hours per calendar year.