DJS YOUTH TRANSPORTATION OFFICER I
|Department||DJS Alfred Noyes Youth Center|
|Date Opened||9/15/2021 11:59:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||9/29/2021 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$34,858.00 - $54,732.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Tabitha Andrews|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate acceptable to the Maryland State Board of Education as described in the Maryland Correctional Training Commission regulation.
Experience: One year of experience working with groups of children or youth in a structured environment, such as a recreation center or school setting.
1. The above educational requirement is set by the Maryland Correctional Training Commission in accordance with the Correctional Services Article, Section 8-209, Annotated Code of Maryland.
2. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non-commissioned officer in Social Services Aid and Assistant classifications or Social Services Aid and Assistant specialty codes in the Social Science, Psychology and Welfare field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Preference will be given to candidates who have experience supervising and transporting youth in a secure residential juvenile facility.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Employees in this classification must complete and successfully pass the Entrance Level Training Course for DJS support staff required for Correctional Training Commission certificate during the probationary period.
2. Employees in this classification will be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
1. In accordance with the Correctional Services Article, Section 8-209 of the Annotated Code of Maryland, the Maryland Correctional Training Commission shall establish the minimum qualifications for probationary or permanent appointment of a Department of Juvenile Services employee in a mandated position. These requirements are listed in detail in the Code of Maryland Regulations 12.10.01.04, general regulations of the Maryland Correctional Training Commission, and include:
U.S. Citizenship or Resident Alien status
Must be at least 21 years of age
A thorough background check, including fingerprinting and drug testing
An oral interview, and
Physical and psychological examinations.
2. Employees in this classification may be subject to call-in 24 hours a day and, therefore, may be supplied with a pager or may be required to provide the employing agency with a telephone number at which they can be reached.
3. Employees in this classification are subject to substance abuse testing inaccordance with Code of Maryland Regulation 17.04.09 – Testing for Illegal Use of Drugs.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year.
The assessment will be a rating of your application based on your education, training and experience as they relate to the requirements of the position. Therefore, it is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all related experience and education. Applicants who meet the Minimum Qualifications will be placed on the eligible list categorized as QUALIFIED, BETTER QUALIFIED OR BEST QUALIFIED. Candidates shall be certified to the eligible list for a period of one year. This list will be used by the DJS hiring agency to select employees.
Online application process is strongly urged. However, if you are unable to apply on line you may mail a paper application to the address below or fax a paper application to the fax number below. If you choose to fax or use regular mail, you must include on each page of the attachment your First and Last Name, the Recruitment Number that is located at the top of the bulletin and the last 4 digits of your SS#. The paper application must be received by 5 pm, close of business, on the closing date for this recruitment, no postmarks will be accepted. Incorrect application forms will not be accepted:
Maryland Department of Juvenile Services
217 E. Redwood Street
Baltimore, MD 21202
Attn: Shavonne Holman
Fax number 410-333-4188
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
The resulting Certified Eligible List for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this or other State agencies.
Should additional information regarding this recruitment be required or if you have any questions regarding this recruitment, please contact DJS Office of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org Include the Recruitment Title/Number that is located at the top of the bulletin
Bilingual applicants are welcome to apply for all recruitments.
DJS values the experience gained by Veterans while serving our country. Veterans are welcome to apply for all current recruitments.
As an equal opportunity employer Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.