|Department||DHS - Baltimore City DSS|
|Date Opened||9/20/2021 1:00:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||11/30/2021 11:59:00 PM|
|HR Analyst||Joyce Carter|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
Experience: Five years performing secretarial work or clerical work involving typing duties.
1. Additional secretarial or clerical experience may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
2. Thirty credit hours with a major in secretarial science or office technology from an accredited college may be substituted at the rate of thirty credits for one year of experience for up to two years of the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non-commissioned officer in Administration or Personnel Specialist classifications or Administrative, Clerical, or Office Services specialty codes in the Special Assistant or Secretarial fields of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- 2 years of experience working in Microsoft suite.
- 1 year of experience working with Google Documents and sheets.
- Experience demonstrating strong written and Oral communication skills.
- 1-2 years of experience working with databases retrieving information for compiling reports and responding to clients.
- Experience interpreting guidelines, regulations, and policies.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year.
Contractual employees who work for an agency covered under the State Employee and Retiree Health and Welfare Benefits Program, have a current employment contract and work 30 or more hours a week (or on average 130 hours per month) may be eligible for subsidized health benefits coverage for themselves and their dependents. As a contractual employee, you will be responsible for paying 25% of the premiums for your medical and prescription coverage, including any eligible dependents you have enrolled. The State of Maryland will subsidize the remaining 75% of the cost for these benefits. You can also elect to enroll in dental coverage, accidental death and dismemberment insurance, and life insurance, but will be responsible to pay the full premium for these benefits.
Leave may be granted to a contractual employee who has worked 120 days in a 12 month period. This leave accrues at a rate of one hour for every 30 hours worked, not to exceed 40 hours per calendar year.