ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER I
|Department||DPSCS OSEC General Administration|
|Date Opened||4/2/2021 11:59:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||4/16/2021 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$39,768.00 - $62,882.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Owen Billing|
LOCATION OF POSITION
- Provides administrative support to the DSA and the Special Assistant to the Deputy Secretary of Administration DSA.
- Serves as the first point of contact for the DSA’s office.
- Processes incoming requests including documents submitted for review/approval.
- Answers phone line for the Office of the DSA.
- Prepares, memos, letter, email, and other correspondence for the Office of the DSA
- Reviews document submitted for the review/approval of the DSA.
- Coordinates efforts to obtain signatures and approvals from the Attorney General, Secretary and other executives.
- Reviews and approves invoices leased properties, maintenance and other goods or services.
- Maintains files, spreadsheets and logs ensuring administrative records for the DSA’s office are accurately kept.
Education: Possession of a Bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year college or university.
Experience: One (I) year experience in administrative or professional work.
1. Candidates may substitute additional experience in administrative staff or professional work on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
2. Candidates may substitute additional graduate level education at an accredited college or university at the rate of 30 semester credit hours for each year of the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer involving staff work that included regular use of independent judgment and analysis in applying and interpreting complex administrative plans, policies, rules or regulations or analysis of operational programs or procedures with recommendations for improvement on a year-for-year basis for the required education and experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
1. Executive level support experience to include executive level first contact point, completion of memoranda and/or correspondence, administration of time sensitive documentation, preforming pre-review of executive level requests/submissions, and executive level organization of records, inboxes, databases, invoices, and audit documentation.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year.
The assessment may consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience related to the requirements of the position. It is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all experience and education that is related to this position.
Online applications are highly recommended. However, if you are unable to apply online, the paper application and supplemental questionnaire may be emailed to email@example.com or faxed to 410-484-5928. Paper application materials must be received in our office by the closing date for the recruitment.
If you are submitting additional information, the preferred method is to upload it with your application. All uploaded additional information must be received by the closing date and time. If you are unable to upload,
please email the requested information to firstname.lastname@example.org referencing the recruitment number in the subject line, or fax to 410-484-5928 (providing a cover sheet with your contact information,
recruitment name, recruitment number and the number of pages faxed). Only additional materials that are requested will be accepted for this recruitment.
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact the Department of Public Safety and Correctional Services, HRSD-Recruitment & Examination at 410-339-4200, MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.
If you are having difficulties with submitting your online application, please contact the DBM Recruitment and Examination Division at Application.Help@maryland.gov or 410-767-4850.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining, and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.