AUTOMOTIVE SERVICES SPECIALIST
|Department||MSP - Support Services Bureau|
|Date Opened||6/7/2021 08:50:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||6/25/2021 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$34,858.00 - $54,732.00/year|
|HR Analyst||William Boniarski|
This is a statewide recruitment for the Maryland State Police Motor Vehicle Division, Automotive Services Specialist. The three (3) vacancies are located in Baltimore County, Carroll County, and Queen Anne's County, Maryland. When applying for this recruitment, please check the county for which you are willing to accept employment. This recruitment may also be used for statewide vacancies as they occur.
LOCATION OF POSITION
Education: Completion of the eighth grade.
Experience: Three years of experience servicing, maintaining and repairing motor vehicles or equipment, one year of which must have involved responsibility for performing major automotive repair work.
1. Graduation from an accredited vocational/technical high school with a major in automotive mechanics, or a related field, may be substituted for up to three years of the required experience.
2. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non-commissioned officer in Mechanic classifications or Automotive Maintenance Technician and Vehicle Maintenance specialty codes in the Mechanic or Maintenance field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
1) Experience supervising Automotive Services mechanic positions
2) Experience servicing fleet vehicles
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Employees in this classification are subject to random substance abuse testing in accordance with Code of Maryland Regulation 17.04.09, Testing for Illegal Use of Drugs.
2. In accordance with Section 2-204 (b) (6) of the Public Safety Article, candidates will be subject to an initial drug screening, a physical examination and a complete criminal background investigation to include a polygraph examination before permanent appointment can be made. A criminal conviction may be grounds for rejection of the candidate.
Only candidates who meet the minimum qualifications will be considered for this classification. Therefore it is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Successful candidates will be placed on the employment Eligible List categorized as BEST QUALIFIED, BETTER QUALIFIED and QUALIFIED and remain eligible for consideration for at least one year from the date of examination. The list will be used by the hiring manager to select employees.
The examination will consist of a rating of your education, training and experience related to the requirements of the position. You may be required to complete a qualifications supplement, or the rating may be based on your application. Report all experience and education that is related to this position. Applicants may be given a physical examination and will be subject to an interview, background investigation, polygraph examination and substance abuse testing.
NOTE: Currently, applicants are limited to uploading one file. As a result, it is strongly urged that those applying upload ALL required and additional documents (undergraduate and graduate transcripts, resumes, etc.) as one file. If you are unable to apply online, you may submit an application via mail. The Maryland State Application Form can be found online.
Completed applications, required documentation and any required addendums may be mailed to:
Maryland State Police
It is the policy of the Maryland State Police to comply with all applicable federal and state laws prohibiting employment discrimination and to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, gender, identity and expression, genetic information, marital status, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religious affiliation, belief or opinion, sex, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
Human Resources Division
1201 Reisterstown Road
Pikesville, MD 21208
ATTN: William Boniarski
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|