AUTOMOTIVE SERVICES SPECIALIST
|Department||MSP - Support Services Bureau|
|Date Opened||11/16/2021 08:10:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||11/30/2021 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$34,858.00 - $54,732.00/year|
|HR Analyst||William Boniarski|
LOCATION OF POSITION
MSP Motor Vehicle Division
1201 Reisterstown Rd.
Pikesville, MD 21208
Replace or repair components on MSP vehicles and schedule preventative maintenance.
Diagnose and repair mechanical/electrical malfunctions on MSP vehicles.
Road test vehicles, to ensure the safe operating condition.
Perform minor welding, cutting torch work and operate a drill press.
Operate all computer scan tools, to diagnose repairs.
Prepare necessary paperwork on completed repairs.
Other duties as assigned by Supervisory or Command personnel.
Education: Completion of the eighth grade.
Experience: Three years of experience servicing, maintaining and repairing motor vehicles or equipment, one year of which must have involved responsibility for performing major automotive repair work.
1. Graduation from an accredited vocational/technical high school with a major in automotive mechanics, or a related field, may be substituted for up to three years of the required experience.
2. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non-commissioned officer in Mechanic classifications or Automotive Maintenance Technician and Vehicle Maintenance specialty codes in the Mechanic or Maintenance field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
1) Experience supervising Automotive Services mechanic positions
2) Experience servicing fleet vehicles
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Employees in this classification are subject to random substance abuse testing in accordance with Code of Maryland Regulation 17.04.09, Testing for Illegal Use of Drugs.
2. In accordance with Section 2-204 (b) (6) of the Public Safety Article, candidates will be subject to an initial drug screening, a physical examination and a complete criminal background investigation to include a polygraph examination before permanent appointment can be made. A criminal conviction may be grounds for rejection of the candidate.
Only candidates who meet the minimum qualifications will be considered for this classification. Therefore it is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Successful candidates will be placed on the employment Eligible List categorized as BEST QUALIFIED, BETTER QUALIFIED and QUALIFIED and remain eligible for consideration for at least one year from the date of examination. The list will be used by the hiring manager to select employees.
The examination will consist of a rating of your education, training and experience related to the requirements of the position. You may be required to complete a qualifications supplement, or the rating may be based on your application. Report all experience and education that is related to this position. Applicants may be given a physical examination and will be subject to an interview, background investigation, polygraph examination and substance abuse testing.