HUMAN SERVICE ADMINISTRATOR III
Deputy Chief of Staff/Office of the Director
|Department||DHS - Baltimore City DSS|
|Date Opened||8/24/2021 12:26:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||9/21/2021 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$27.74.00 - $40.52.00/hourly|
|HR Analyst||Joyce Carter|
This is a full-time contractual position.
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
Data Analysis: This position has major responsibility is to improve the outcome of all performance improvement plans by monitoring, developing, recommending the implementation of systems to measure and evaluate performance. This includes identifying program improvements, establishing specific outcome measures, building data collection and analysis tools, producing summary written performance reports, and recommending evidence-based improvement plans.
Education: Possession of a bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university.
Experience: Eight years of experience in administrative, professional or technical work, three years of which must have involved supervision of other employees or exercising responsibility for program development.
1. Applicants may substitute education at the graduate level at an accredited college or university at the rate of 30 semester hours on a year-for-year basis for a maximum of two years of the required general experience.
2. Experience in a human service program may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the required four years of college education.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience at a rank of Corporal/Petty Officer or higher as a commissioned officer in Administrative Officer classifications or Administrative Officer specialty codes in the General, Administrative, Clerical, and Officer Services field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience and education, three (3) years of which must have been in an administrative supervisory or consultative capacity.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Management Information Systems or a related field.
- Experience using programming languages such as SQL (Structured Query Language), VBscript in a database environment, Micro -soft Excel, R or Python- statistical Programming.
- 2-3 years of experience programming skills writing codes to convert and analysis large amounts of data.
- 1-2 year(s) of experience making recommendations to leadership staff, directors and manager through written reports, presentations, data reporting and verbal communication.
- 3 years of experience performing data analysis and analyzing the results.
- 1–2-year(s) experience managing large, complex projects.
- 1-2 years of experience developing, implementing and/or monitoring data management and analysis strategies.
- 2-3 year experience overseeing and supervising staff performing data analyses ( gathering, analyzing, cleaning and organizing data).
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Applicants who meet the minimum qualifications will be included in further evaluation. The evaluation may be a rating of your application based on your education, training and experience as they relate to the requirements of the position. Therefore, it is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all related education, experience, dates, and hours of work. Clearly indicate your college degree and major on your application, if applicable. For education obtained outside the U.S., any job offer will be contingent on the candidate providing an evaluation for equivalency by a foreign credential evaluation service prior to starting employment (and may be requested prior to interview).
Complete applications must be submitted by the closing date. Information submitted after this date will not be added.
Incorrect application forms will not be accepted. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of a completed application.
Candidates may remain on the certified eligible list for a period of at least one year. The resulting certified eligible list for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this or other State agencies.
Contractual employees who work for an agency covered under the State Employee and Retiree Health and Welfare Benefits Program, have a current employment contract and work 30 or more hours a week (or on average 130 hours per month) may be eligible for subsidized health benefits coverage for themselves and their dependents. As a contractual employee, you will be responsible for paying 25% of the premiums for your medical and prescription coverage, including any eligible dependents you have enrolled. The State of Maryland will subsidize the remaining 75% of the cost for these benefits. You can also elect to enroll in dental coverage, accidental death and dismemberment insurance, and life insurance, but will be responsible to pay the full premium for these benefits.
Leave may be granted to a contractual employee who has worked 120 days in a 12-month period. This leave accrues at a rate of one hour for every 30 hours worked, not to exceed 40 hours per calendar year.
Online applications are highly recommended. However, if you are unable to apply online, the paper application (and supplemental questionnaire) may be submitted to BCDSS to the attention of: Joyce Carter 1910 N. Broadway, Baltimore MD 21213; 3rd floor, Rm. 351. Paper application materials must be received by the closing date and time for the recruitment, no postmarks will be accepted.