TREASURY SPECIALIST IV
|Date Opened||11/12/2021 10:45:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||1/21/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$47,881.00 - $76,432.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Michele Reid|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
The Bank Portal, Lockbox & Collateral Specialist is responsible for managing and administering access to the bank portals for the State Depository and the State Lockbox bank accounts (over 100 accounts with 900+ users) by establishing and auditing “Agency Level” Administrators and enabling the set up of “Agency Level” Users. The incumbent serves as the liaison between the State Treasurer’s Office (who maintains the State’s banking relationships), State Agencies utilizing these services, and the contracted Depository Bank and Lockbox Bank. This position is also responsible for the monthly collateral reconciliation ensuring that all State funds on deposit with financial institutions are collateralized as required by Statute. Additionally, this position manages collateral, totaling in excess of $100 million, posted by insurance companies conducting business in the State of Maryland by working closely with the Maryland Insurance Administration (MIA) and insurance companies, ensuring collateral pledged is appropriate, keeping accurate records and completing a monthly reconciliation between the STO, the Custodian Bank and MIA. This position also oversees the State Lockbox accounts to ensure excess funds are swept daily and that peg (target) balances are appropriate with State needs. Lastly, this position serves as back-up for the State’s Investment Associate for critical investment functions such as daily cash positioning and executing respective trades.
Education: Possession of a bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university including or supplemented by at least 18 credit hours in accounting, business administration or equivalent subject.
Experience: Four years of employment in responsible public administration, business administration, office management and/or accounting or auditing, one year of which must have been in work concerning accounting, investment securities, insurance investment, insurance company home office offering property and casualty experience.
OR Education: Graduation from a standard high school, including or supplemented by 18 credited hours in business administration, accounting, or equivalent subject.
Experience: Eight years of experience as defined above. At least one year of the experience must have been in work concerning accounting, investment securities, insurance investment, insurance underwriting, or in an insurance company home office offering property and casualty experience.
1. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in financial administration and program classification or financial administration specialty codes in the accounting and budget group field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience and education.
Applicants must meet the selective qualification(s) to be considered. Include clear and specific information on your application regarding your qualifications.
Two years of the required experience must be in a banking operations and/or corporate accounting environment reconciling various in-house and client accounts to a general ledger, analyzing reports & financial trends, or similar banking financial management experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Preference will be given to applicants who possess the following preferred qualification(s). Include clear and specific information on your application regarding your qualifications.
- Experience administrating bank portals or similar secure sites for user access
- Experience evaluating collateral for current market value based on set standards and/or regulations
- Experience in government securities investing
- Experience handling cash management and short-term investments
- Experience with back office commercial banking operations in the areas of lockbox, controlled disbursement, remote deposit, positive pay, electronic funds transfer processing (ACH, Fedwire/CHIPS/SWIFT)
- Experience handling bank-initiated chargebacks/adjustments
- Experience with BAI codes
- Advanced skills in Excel (e.g., complex formulas, linked spreadsheets, H- & V-Lookup, pivot tables, exporting data, CSV files, parsing data, macros)
LIMITATIONS ON SELECTION
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year.
The assessment may consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience related to the requirements of the position. It is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all experience and education that is related to this position.
BARGAINING UNIT STATUS
This is a full-time, permanent position with the State of Maryland, and is eligible for full State benefits. Some of these benefits include:
· Comprehensive, subsidized health, dental and prescription plans
· Flexible Spending Account plans for Health Care and Daycare
· Paid holidays 12-13 per year
· Generous paid leave package (annual, sick, personal and compensatory leave)
· State Pension ("defined benefit" plan)
· Tax-deferred supplemental retirement savings plans (401(k) and 457)
· Free parking
To learn more, click
Applicants should submit a resume with their application. All candidates will be subject to a background investigation to include credit, criminal, and driving history.
General questions may be directed to the State Treasurer’s HR Office at 410-260-7078.
All job opportunities within the MD State Treasurer’s Office are accessible through JobAps, the Statewide Recruitment, Examination and Applicant tracking system. By using the “Department” filter and highlighting “Office of the Treasurer,” you can view all active recruitments within our agency. First time users can register for an account by selection a position for which to apply, choosing “I am a new user” at the bottom, then keying the necessary fields. If you do not have access to a computer or to the internet, you may apply by faxing a copy of your resume to 410-260-4090 or mailing to State Treasurer’s Office, Attention Human Resources, 80 Calvert Street, Room 109, Annapolis, MD 21401. Electronic application is strongly encouraged.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay @ 711.