Procurement Officer III
|Department||MIL Administrative Headquarters|
|Date Opened||2/17/2021 09:03:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||3/3/2021 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$61,725.00 - $99,103.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Angela Stokes|
The Maryland Military Department is accepting applications from all qualified applicants for the position of Procurement Officer III. The primary responsibilities will be to supervise lower-level procurement staff and assist in managing and directing specific State program contracts, procurement activities and contract management functions as assigned.
LOCATION OF POSITION
5th Regiment Armory
29th Division St.
Baltimore, MD 21202
Main Purpose of Job
Education: A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
Experience: Four years of professional public sector procurement, or private sector contracting experience, which included activities such as soliciting, evaluating, negotiating and awarding contracts, advertising procurement opportunities, distributing specifications to vendors, coordinating bidder evaluation committees, conducting vendor debriefings, monitoring contract performance, eProcurement management, professionals certification or procurement business operations.
1. Candidates may substitute one year of experience in ensuring appropriate and consistent enterprise-wide interpretation of and compliance with enterprise level procurement laws, regulations, policies and procedures for the required education.
2. Candidates may substitute certification as a Certified Public Manager from the National Association of Purchasing Management; Certified Professional Contracts Manager from the National Contract Management Association; Certified Public Purchasing Officer or Certified Professional Public Buyer from the Universal Public Purchasing Certification Council (National Institute of Governmental Purchasing, Inc. or National Association of State Purchasing Officers) for the required education.
3. Candidates may substitute professional contract management experience or professional procurement experience, on a year-for-year basis, for the required education.
4. Candidates may substitute a Doctorate of Jurisprudence (JD) degree or a Master’s degree in Business Administration for two years of the required experience.
5. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in Contracting, Industrial Management or logistics specialist classifications or administrative support specialty codes in the procurement or financial management fields of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience and education.
Applicants must meet the selective qualification(s) to be considered. Include clear and specific information on your application regarding your qualifications.
1 year of experience with the State of Maryland's Financial Management Information System (FMIS) processing transactions in R-Stars & ADPICs.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Preference will be given to applicants who possess the following preferred qualification(s). Include clear and specific information on your application regarding your qualifications.
Experience with State of Maryland Procurement laws, regulations, policies, application and software
Experience using Financial Management Information System (FMIS)
Two years supervisory experience of Procurement staff
Experience with ADPICS, eMaryland Marketplace is highly preferred
Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and Google Suite
Preferred candidates will already have obtained the CPPO
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
2. Employees in this classification who have not already done so must obtain certification as a Procurement Professional Certification from the Maryland Department of General Services within one year of appointment.
The examination for this recruitment will be an evaluation and rating of the information provided on your application. Therefore, it is essential that the application is filled out completely and accurately, listing all relevant education and experience, addressing the specific qualifications shown above and submitting any required documentation (diploma, transcript, certification, license, etc.). Please include clear, detailed and specific information on your application regarding experience qualifications related to the minimum qualifications, desired, and/or selective qualifications of the position.
Military Veterans may qualify for additional bonus points towards certification. A copy of your proof of eligibility (DD 214) for Veterans’ Credit will be required prior to hire.
PLEASE DO NOT EMAIL UNSOLICITED DOCUMENTATION.
Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of completing the online or paper application. Online application process is STRONGLY preferred. The paper application must be received by the closing date for the recruitment. No postmarks will be accepted. If online access is not available, you may submit a paper application to:
Maryland Military Department State Personnel Office
Fifth Regiment Armory, Room B10
Baltimore, MD 21201-2288
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact Angela Stokes at email@example.com
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining, and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.