PROCUREMENT OFFICER III
Procurement Officer Supervisor
|Department||DHS - Ops Ofc - Div of Budget Finance & Personnel|
|Date Opened||4/7/2021 2:31:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||4/21/2021 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$61,725.00 - $80,437.00/year with potential growth to $99,103.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Scott Waddel|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
Supervises Procurement Unit staff to ensure that assigned transactions for the implementation of DHS Central Administrations and the 24 Local Departments of Social Services’ programs and services are processed in accordance with COMAR Title 21 Procurement Regulations and DGS-OSP and DHS, Procurement Policies and Procedures.
Trains staff on the procurement process and preparation of procurement documents.
Advises and instructs DHS Central and Local DSS staff on how to accurately prepare solicitations); contracts (competitively and non-competitively bid), contract amendments and renewals, DGS-OSP procurements and ADPICS requisitions for goods or services to assist them with the implementation of their programs and services by obtaining best value contracts for DHS through use of the competitive and non-competitive procurement processes in accordance with COMAR Title 21 Procurement Regulations and DGS-OSP and DHS Procurement Policies and Procedures.
Reviews for substance and accuracy, and processes procurement transactions to assist the Department’s administrations (HRDT, B & F, OAS, OS) and 24 local Departments of Social Services with the implementation of their programs and services in accordance with COMAR Title 21 Regulations and DGS-OSP and DHS Procurement Policies and Procedures.
Applicants must meet all minimum (and selective) qualifications to be considered, and to appear on the list of people eligible for hire. Please read all requirements before applying.
EDUCATION: A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
EXPERIENCE: Four years of professional public sector procurement, or private sector contracting experience, which included activities such as soliciting, evaluating, negotiating and awarding contracts, advertising procurement opportunities, distributing specifications to vendors, coordinating bidder evaluation committees, conducting vendor debriefings, monitoring contract performance, eProcurement management, professionals certification or procurement business operations. (IMPORTANT: Please include specific job duties relating to the activities mentioned in the minimum experience qualification.)
1. Candidates may substitute one year of experience in ensuring appropriate and consistent enterprise-wide interpretation of and compliance with enterprise level procurement laws, regulations, policies and procedures for the required education.
2. Candidates may substitute certification as a Certified Public Manager from the National Association of Purchasing Management; Certified Professional Contracts Manager from the National Contract Management Association; Certified Public Purchasing Officer or Certified Professional Public Buyer from the Universal Public Purchasing Certification Council (National Institute of Governmental Purchasing, Inc. or National Association of State Purchasing Officers) for the required education.
3. Candidates may substitute professional contract management experience or professional procurement experience, on a year-for-year basis, for the required education.
4. Candidates may substitute a Doctorate of Jurisprudence (JD) degree or a Master’s degree in Business Administration for two years of the required experience.
5. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in Contracting, Industrial Management or logistics specialist classifications or administrative support specialty codes in the procurement or financial management fields of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience and education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Preference will be given to applicants who possess the following preferred qualification(s). Include clear and specific information on your application regarding your qualifications.
1. One year of government experience.
2. One year of experience using the Maryland Financial Management Information System (FMIS) or similar fiscal software.
3. Two years of supervisory experience.
4. One year of experience using Microsoft Suite Excel to generate spreadsheets for tracking purposes, PowerPoint to create presentations, and Word to create documents and reports.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
2. Employees in this classification who have not already done so must obtain certification as a Procurement Professional Certification from the Maryland Department of General Services within one year of appointment.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year.
The examination will consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience as presented on your application and as they relate to the requirements of the position. You may be asked to complete a supplemental questionnaire. The supplemental questionnaire may be used as part of the rating process. Therefore, it is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. For education obtained outside the U.S., a copy of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service is required prior to hire.
The online application process is STRONGLY preferred. If you are unable to apply online, you may mail a paper application and supplemental questionnaire to, Department of Human Services, Examination Services Unit, 311 W. Saratoga Street, Room 135, Baltimore, Maryland 21201.
All mailed documents must include the applicant's name and the job number and must be received by 5 P.M. on the closing date. Resumes will NOT be accepted in lieu of completing the application.
If additional information is required, the preferred method is to upload. If unable to upload, please email requested information only to email@example.com. Only additional materials that are required will be accepted for this recruitment. All additional information must be received by the closing date and time.
If you have any questions concerning the recruitment process for this position, please email Scott Waddel at firstname.lastname@example.org.
As an equal opportunity employer Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.
People with disabilities and bilingual applicants are encouraged to apply.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country and encourage them to apply.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|