Procurement Officer III
IT PROCUREMENT MANAGER
|Department||DHS - Technology for Human Svcs General Admin|
|Date Opened||4/26/2021 2:25:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||5/25/2021 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$61,725.00 - $80,647.00/year with potential growth to $99,103.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Betty Ketterman|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Department of Human Services
Office of Technology for Human Services
311 W. Saratoga Street
Baltimore, MD 21201
Main Purpose of Job
The Procurement Manager is responsible for managing and coordinating all acquisition activities for the Office of Technology for Human Services (OTHS). This position plays a key role in ensuring that Agency solicitations and agreements are successfully executed by working with internal DHS Program Administrations, Federal partners, State and Local government agencies, community-based partners, and contractors while fostering cooperation in order to achieve the Agency’s mission.
The Procurement Manager is charged with providing the direction, management, and oversight to the OTHS Procurement Units, and reports directly to the Department of Human Services (DHS) Chief Information Officer (CIO). Responsibilities include but are not limited to facilitating IT procurements; and developing and executing contract solicitations (i.e. Requests for Proposals (RFP’s), Invitation for Bids (IFB’s), Inter-Governmental Collaborative Purchasing Agreements, (ICPA’s), Task Orders (TO’s), Memorandums of Understanding (MOU’s), etc). This position manages the daily operations pertaining to the procurement of equipment, services, construction, supplies, information technology, and other needs, which must be obtained through the competitive or negotiated procurement process. Employees in this classification are responsible for soliciting, evaluating, negotiating, and awarding contracts according to State Procurement laws (COMAR), procedures and regulations, as well as maintaining contracts by assuring compliance with terms and conditions. This position also works closely with the Agency’s Office of Budget and Finance, Central Procurement Unit (CPU), and the Office of the Attorney General (OAG), as well as the Maryland Department of Information Technology (DoIT) and the Maryland Board of Public Works (BPW).
Applicants must meet all minimum (and selective) qualifications to be considered, and to appear on the list of people eligible for hire. Please read all requirements before applying.
Education: A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
Experience: Four years of professional public sector procurement, or private sector contracting experience, which included activities such as soliciting, evaluating, negotiating and awarding contracts, advertising procurement opportunities, distributing specifications to vendors, coordinating bidder evaluation committees, conducting vendor debriefings, monitoring contract performance, eProcurement management, professionals certification or procurement business operations.
1. Candidates may substitute one year of experience in ensuring appropriate and consistent enterprise-wide interpretation of and compliance with enterprise level procurement laws, regulations, policies and procedures for the required education.
2. Candidates may substitute certification as a Certified Public Manager from the National Association of Purchasing Management; Certified Professional Contracts Manager from the National Contract Management Association; Certified Public Purchasing Officer or Certified Professional Public Buyer from the Universal Public Purchasing Certification Council (National Institute of Governmental Purchasing, Inc. or National Association of State Purchasing Officers) for the required education.
3. Candidates may substitute professional contract management experience or professional procurement experience, on a year-for-year basis, for the required education.
4. Candidates may substitute a Doctorate of Jurisprudence (JD) degree or a Master’s degree in Business Administration for two years of the required experience.
5. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in Contracting, Industrial Management or logistics specialist classifications or administrative support specialty codes in the procurement or financial management fields of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience and education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Preference will be given to applicants who possess the following preferred qualification(s). Include clear and specific information on your application regarding your qualifications.
The ideal candidate will possess:
1. Two years of experience with Governmental procurement laws, regulations and conditions.
2. Three years of experience supervising employees to include conducting performance reviews, assigning work, interviewing and hiring, and creating standard operating procedures.
3. Three or more years of experience in procuring large solicitation, i.e. Requests for Proposals (RFPs) and Invitation for Bids (IFBs), through the competitive or negotiated process valued at $200,000 or more.
4. Three or more years of experience developing solicitation documents, RFPs, IFBs or sole source.
5, Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (i.e Excel, Word, Power Point), Google Apps for Work, WebEx, and SmartSheets. Excellent problem solving skills and analytically savvy.
6. Strong customer service and communication skills.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
2. Employees in this classification who have not already done so must obtain certification as a Procurement Professional Certification from the Maryland Department of General Services within one year of appointment.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year.
The assessment may consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience related to the requirements of the position. It is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all experience and education that is related to this position.
For education obtained outside the U.S., a copy of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service must be provided prior to hire.
Online applications process is STRONGLY preferred. If you are unable to apply online, you may mail a paper application and supplemental questionnaire to: Department of Human Services, Examination Services Unit, Attention: Betty Ketterman, 311 W. Saratoga Street, Room 137, Baltimore, Maryland 21201
All mailed documents must include the applicant's name and the job number and must be received by 5:00 p.m. on the closing date. Resumes will NOT be accepted in lieu of completing the application.
If additional information is required, the preferred method is to upload. If unable to upload, please email requested information to Bettyj.firstname.lastname@example.org. Only additional materials that are required will be accepted for this recruitment. All additional information must be received by the closing date and time.
If you have any questions concerning the recruitment process for this position, please call 410-767-7147.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay.
As an equal opportunity employer Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. People with disabilities and bilingual applicants are encouraged to apply. We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|