Procurement Officer III
Agency Procurement Officer Specialist Supervisor
|Department||COMM - Ofc of Admin & Information Technology|
|Date Opened||6/7/2021 10:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||6/21/2021 2:00:00 PM|
|Salary||$61,725.00 - $99,103.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Beth Richard|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
All applicants must have the minimum education and experience to be qualified for the position.
Education: A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
Experience: Four years of professional public sector procurement, or private sector contracting experience, which included activities such as soliciting, evaluating, negotiating and awarding contracts, advertising procurement opportunities, distributing specifications to vendors, coordinating bidder evaluation committees, conducting vendor debriefings, monitoring contract performance, eProcurement management, professionals certification or procurement business operations.
1. Candidates may substitute one year of experience in ensuring appropriate and consistent enterprise-wide interpretation of and compliance with enterprise level procurement laws, regulations, policies and procedures for the required education.
2. Candidates may substitute certification as a Certified Public Manager from the National Association of Purchasing Management; Certified Professional Contracts Manager from the National Contract Management Association; Certified Public Purchasing Officer or Certified Professional Public Buyer from the Universal Public Purchasing Certification Council (National Institute of Governmental Purchasing, Inc. or National Association of State Purchasing Officers) for the required education.
3. Candidates may substitute professional contract management experience or professional procurement experience, on a year-for-year basis, for the required education.
4. Candidates may substitute a Doctorate of Jurisprudence (JD) degree or a Master’s degree in Business Administration for two years of the required experience.
5. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in Contracting, Industrial Management or logistics specialist classifications or administrative support specialty codes in the procurement or financial management fields of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience and education.
Qualified candidates must possess the following Selective Qualifications:
1) 1-year experience working with the state Financial Management Information System (FMIS)
2) 1-year experience working with and knowledge of COMAR Title XXI and State of Maryland procurement laws, rules and regulations
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
It is highly preferred that candidates should possess:
- strong written and oral communications skills, as well as
- strong organizational skills.
- the ability to prioritize and handle multiple concurrent tasks
- proficiency with Microsoft Officer Suite, as well as with
- the experience with ADPICS and eMaryland Marketplace
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
2. Employees in this classification who have not already done so must obtain certification as a Procurement Professional Certification from the Maryland Department of General Services within one year of appointment.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Application NOW using the Internet.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|