Lead Agency Account Executive
Procurement Officer III
|Department||DGS Office of State Procurement|
|Date Opened||11/16/2021 07:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||12/13/2021 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$61,725-$99,103/year (based on qualifications and salary rules)|
|HR Analyst||Mojisola Ogungbe|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Positions are available within the Office of State Procurement for the Maryland Department of General Services located in Annapolis and Baltimore City. The successful applicants will be placed in the Policy and Procurement Review Bureau of the Office of State Procurement.
Main Purpose of Job
Duties for this position include but are not limited to:
- Plan, coordinate, and conduct reviews, through the Procurement Review and Consulting Program (PRCP), to verify proper procurement activities under an agency’s DPA.
- Provide technical consulting services and guidance, as well as recommendations and remedial actions to agency heads and senior managers to improve the procurement-related operations provided under their DPA.
- Oversee the development and work product of Agency Account Executives.
- Support training efforts by the Chief Learning Officer (CLO) of DGS OSP.
- Promote use of the state-wide eMMA eProcurement program for continuous improvements to increase overall efficiency and reduce cost.
- Continually reengineer business approaches and develops and recommends changes for improvements with state-wide policies to improve customer service.
- Establish partnership with agencies and public bodies to support state procurement alignment.
- Work with OSP leaders to develop state procurement policies, best practices, and reference materials to enable continuous improvement, develop and train state workforce, and improve review activities to ensure DPA is managed and administered in accordance with CPO standards.
Education: A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
Experience: Three years of professional public sector procurement, or private sector contracting experience, which included activities such as soliciting, evaluating, negotiating, and awarding contracts, advertising procurement opportunities, distributing specifications to vendors, coordinating bidder evaluation committees, conducting vendor debriefings, monitoring contract performance, eProcurement management, professional certification or procurement business operations.
1. Candidates may substitute one year of experience in ensuring appropriate and consistent enterprise-wide interpretation of and compliance with enterprise level procurement laws, regulations, policies, and procedures for the required education.
2. Candidates may substitute certification as a Certified Public Manager from the National Association of Purchasing Management; Certified Professional Contracts Manager from the National Contract Management Association; Certified Public Purchasing Officer or Certified Professional Public Buyer from the Universal Public Purchasing Certification Council (National Institute of Governmental Purchasing, Inc. or National Association of State Purchasing Officers) for the required education.
3. Candidates may substitute professional contract management experience or professional procurement experience, on a year-for-year basis, for the required education.
4. Candidates may substitute a Doctorate of Jurisprudence (JD) degree or a Master’s degree in Business Administration for two years of the required experience.
5. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in Contracting, Industrial Management or logistics specialist classifications or administrative support specialty codes in the procurement or financial management fields of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience and education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Preference will be given to applicants who possess the following preferred qualification(s). Include clear and specific information on your application regarding your qualifications.
- Experience working with Adobe Acrobat.
- Experience working with Microsoft Office Applications i.e., Access, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Research related experience i.e., data collection, analytical work, data analysis and trend identification to develop actionable information.
- Experience formulating policy, performing inspections, reviewing compliance, decision-making, opportunity, and risk assessments, and improving operations to achieve organizational objectives.
- Experience in procurement, logistics, contract management, and supply chain management.
- Experience in centralized procurement-type environments i.e., a hybrid or center-led, large scale organizational models with authority delegated to front-line business units and operations, and oversight training, and assistance provided by a central office.
- Experience developing lesson plans, designing instruction, and delivering training and classes to procurement professionals in a variety of settings.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
2. Employees in this classification who have not already done so must obtain certification as a Procurement Professional Certification from the Maryland Department of General Services within one year of appointment.
It is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please include all experience and education that is related to this position. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date; information submitted after the closing date will not be considered. Credit is given for relevant part-time, temporary, or volunteer experience based on the number of hours worked per week; you must include the time spent on such activities on your application.
Note that for any position requiring a college degree or college credit, you will be required to submit a college transcript prior to being offered a position. You may submit your transcript as part of the application process.
The examination for this position will consist of a rating of your education, training and experience related to the requirements of the position. Successful candidates will be placed on the employment eligibility list categorized as BEST QUALIFIED, BETTER QUALIFIED, or QUALIFIED. The eligibility list will be valid for one year and may be extended. The list will be used by the hiring authority to select employees for interviews. Eligible lists may be used to fill future vacancies of the same classification.
You MUST possess the minimum qualifications before you may be selected for a State job – verification will be completed upon hire. If you are scheduled to complete an educational or licensing requirement within six months of being placed on the eligibility list, you may participate in the selection process. Permanent State employees may also complete necessary experience requirements within six months of the date of being placed on an eligibility list.
Please note, selected candidates may be required to complete and successfully pass a State and Federal fingerprint background check prior to being hired.
You must be legally authorized under the United States Immigration Reform and Control Act to be hired in the position for which you apply.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 410-767-1386 with questions about this recruitment. The on-line application process is STRONGLY preferred. Apply online at www.dgs.maryland.gov – click on Employment on the left side of the screen. If you are unable to submit your application online, please send your paper application to: Human Resources, Dept. of General Services, 301 W. Preston St., Suite 1311, Baltimore, MD 21201 by the closing date and time. TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining, and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply. We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.