ASSESSOR MANAGER, REAL PROPERTY
|Department||DAT Real Property Valuation|
|Date Opened||2/9/2021 11:59:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||2/23/2021 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$54,279.00 - $87,106.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Jennifer Arhin|
This is a position Specific Recruitment for the State Department of Assessments and Taxation, Real Property Division, Baltimore City Assessments Office. The resulting eligible list will be used for this position only. Interested persons will need to reapply for future recruitments in this classification.
Recruitment limited to current State Department of Assessments and Taxation only.
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
· Manages, through Assessor Supervisors and Assessors C & I, the activities and assignments to ensure the completion of the annual workload while adhering to office guidelines and departmental procedures and regulations.
· Reviews and evaluates the work completed by the staff to assess work quality and to ensure that departmental or office procedures and guidelines are maintained by monitoring, tracking and ensuring the completion of land rates, neighborhood factors, sales ratio studies, various Assessment Administrator & Valuation System (AAVS) edits to ensure property valuation using AAVS and departmental and local guidelines.
· Coordinates and ensures that various operations are executed in the AAVS system in order to maintain property records by following the guidelines in the AAVS User’s Manual and through the AAVS Coordinator.
· Provides assistance and support to clerical staff by completing and approving various transfer documents and calculations, and calculating appropriate values that are a result of subdivision, separation or various changes of use.
· Provides training to subordinates.
· Plans, coordinates and supervises the work of Assessor Supervisors and Assessor Staff.
Education: A Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university and completion of the International Association of Assessing Officers Courses 101, 102 and 300 or equivalent courses approved by the Department of Assessments and Taxation.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Two years of supervisory experience.
LIMITATIONS ON SELECTION
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Employees in this classification may be required to have daily use of a motor vehicle while on official State business. Standard mileage allowance will be paid for use of a privately owned vehicle.
2. Upon appointment, persons possessing a real estate broker or sales license, or a license to sell insurance, will be required to put same in an "Inactive" status.
3. Employees are prohibited from participating in any outside activity, including private appraisals, which may be deemed a conflict of interest by the Director of the Department of Assessments and Taxation.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year.
The assessment may consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience related to the requirements of the position. It is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all experience and education that is related to this position.