DIRECTOR OF WEB GOVERNANCE
FULL TIME CONTRACTUAL - ADMINISTRATOR V
|Department||MDH Executive Direction|
|Date Opened||7/14/2021 09:12:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||1/20/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$29.59 - $47.52/hour|
|HR Analyst||Janet Esser|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
The Maryland Department of Health (MDH) is looking for an experienced and self-starting contractual program manager to build and lead web operations and execute the MDH’s vision for transforming its online web presence. This roadmap includes the improvements of the site governance, taxonomy, and content to provide an improved customer experience. Candidates will possess prior experience in leading web transformation efforts. The successful candidate will define a strategy that fully realizes MDH’s vision and then organize around this strategy by building a tactical action plan and roadmap. Among other things, the roadmap will define and optimize the web team’s intake process, build and lead out a web governance model, execute web projects from end to end, and manage budgets and vendors. This key leadership position works with senior business and technical stakeholders and assumes responsibility for the management, planning and execution of programs and initiatives focused on MDH and MDH administrations websites. The position will develop both short and long-range plans and managing projects at both the high and low level, translating business requirements into broad timelines, tracking project status, timeline and budgets, and providing project reporting.
- Devise and implement a transformation strategy, tactical action plan, and roadmap that meets MDH’s vision to provide an improved, more customer-centric online user experience;
- Identify and engage with stakeholders and manage stakeholder expectations relating to the web transformation;
- Lead a governance structure, that the program manager creates, to support change management pertaining to MDH’s online presence;
- Monitor site performance and maintain site analytics to inform dynamic design;
- Lead regular content maintenance (e.g., updating info or removing, as necessary);
- Maintain close communication with site content editors to ensure integrity of navigation and structure of information;
- Conduct training as necessary; and,
- Other duties as assigned.
Education: A Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.
Experience: Six years of experience in administrative staff or professional work. Two years of this experience must have involved one or more of the following: the supervision of other employees, overseeing and coordinating the general operations of a unit, applying rules and regulations, or exercising responsibility for the development of policies or procedures.
1. Additional experience in administrative staff or professional work may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
2. Additional graduate level education at an accredited college or university may be substituted at the rate of 30 semester credit hours on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer involving staff work related to the administration of rules, regulations, policy, procedures and processes, or overseeing or coordinating unit operations or functioning as a staff assistant to a higher ranking commissioned officer on a year-for-year basis for the required education and experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Preferred candidates should possess:
- Information architecture background is a required skills set;
- Experience with SharePoint 2019, including workflow and content management approvals;
- Experience leading a multi-business unit Governance Council;
- Prior experience leading enterprise systems modernization efforts that include a public-facing online presence;
- Strong facilitation, negotiating, and written and oral communications skills;
- Familiarity with desktop publishing and productivity tools, and capable of developing and delivering professional presentation content;
- Self-motivated, and prior demonstrated experience building new programs in large public entities such as MDH;
- Familiarity with Google Analytics and Search Engine Optimization (SEO);
- Basic graphic design skills;
- ITIL V3 Foundation Certification; and,
- PMP Certification
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Applicants who meet the minimum (and selective) qualifications will be included in further evaluation. The evaluation may be a rating of your application based on your education, training and experience as they relate to the requirements of the position. Therefore, it is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all related education, experience, dates and hours of work. Clearly indicate your college degree and major on your application, if applicable. For education obtained outside the U.S., any job offer will be contingent on the candidate providing an evaluation for equivalency by a foreign credential evaluation service prior to starting employment (and may be requested prior to interview).
Complete applications must be submitted by the closing date. Information submitted after this date will not be added.
Incorrect application forms will not be accepted. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of a completed application.
Candidates may remain on the certified eligible list for a period of at least one year. The resulting certified eligible list for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this or other State agencies.
Contractual employees who work for an agency covered under the State Employee and Retiree Health and Welfare Benefits Program, have a current employment contract and work 30 or more hours a week (or on average 130 hours per month) may be eligible for subsidized health benefits coverage for themselves and their dependents. As a contractual employee, you will be responsible for paying 25% of the premiums for your medical and prescription coverage, including any eligible dependents you have enrolled. The State of Maryland will subsidize the remaining 75% of the cost for these benefits. You can also elect to enroll in dental coverage, accidental death and dismemberment insurance, and life insurance, but will be responsible to pay the full premium for these benefits.
Leave may be granted to a contractual employee who has worked 120 days in a 12 month period. This leave accrues at a rate of one hour for every 30 hours worked, not to exceed 40 hours per calendar year.
Online applications are highly recommended. However, if you are unable to apply online, the paper application (and supplemental questionnaire) may be submitted to MDH, Recruitment and Selection Division, 201 W. Preston St., Room 114-B, Baltimore, MD 21201. Paper application materials must be received by 5 pm, close of business, on the closing date for the recruitment, no postmarks will be accepted.
If additional information is required, the preferred method is to upload. If you are unable to upload, please fax the requested information to 410-333-5689. Only additional materials that are required will be accepted for this recruitment. All additional information must be received by the closing date and time.
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact the MDH Recruitment and Selection Division at 410-767-1251.
If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about the online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850 or Application.Help@maryland.gov.
Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request by calling: 410-767-1251 or MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruitment, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.