Hearing Reporter II
|Department||Worker's Compensation Commission|
|Date Opened||8/2/2021 09:45:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||10/20/2021 12:00:00 PM|
|Salary||$44, 989 - $58,122 with potential growth up to $71,606/year|
|HR Analyst||Beth Richard|
LOCATION OF POSITION
10 E. Baltimore St., Baltimore, MD 21202
Main Purpose of Job
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate and successful completion of a course in the use of stenographic recording equipment or equivalent training.
Experience: One year of experience recording verbatim testimony using recognized stenographic recording equipment in a courtroom or deposition setting.
1. Applicants may substitute certification as a Certified Court Reporter by the Maryland Court Reporters Association or other recognized state court reporting association for six months of the required experience.
2. Applicants may substitute possession of a Certificate of Proficiency, a Certified Court Reporter Certificate, a Certificate of Merit or certification as a Registered Professional Reporter from the National Court Reporters Association for all of the required experience.
3. Applicants may substitute experience in taking verbatim notes using recognized stenographic recording equipment in formal or informal hearings and meetings on a year for year basis for the required education.
4. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non-commissioned officer in Closed Microphone Reporting classification series or Closed Microphone Reporting specialty codes on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
1. Applicants for this classification must demonstrate an ability to record verbatim notes at a minimum net speed of 225 words per minute. Certification of the applicant’s speed by the Maryland Court Reporters Association or other recognized state court reporting association or the National Court Reporters Association may be substituted for the above demonstration of ability.
2. Employees in this classification may be required to provide their own transportation to various work sites throughout the State on a regular basis and will receive mileage reimbursement.
3. Employees in this classification may be required to provide their own stenographic recording and transcript production equipment.
4. Employees in this classification may receive additional compensation from interested parties who request copies of transcribed records.
If you have any questions about this recruitment, please contact the Workers' Compensation Commission at 410-864-5230.
TO APPLY: Please include your resume along with your completed online employment application. During the online application process, use the Resume tab to select a method for including your resume (Upload Your Resume or Type or Copy/Paste Your Resume). Submission of a resume is strongly recommended.
If you are unable to apply online, or encounter difficulty attaching required or optional documentation, you may submit via mail or deliver in person. Please be sure to include your name, identification number (Easy ID#) and job announcement number on any documentation to ensure timely processing. Please include your resume along with your completed employment application and supplemental questions.
PLEASE DO NOT FAX OR EMAIL UNSOLICITED DOCUMENTATION
Completed applications, required documentation, and any required addendums may be mailed to:
Workers' Compensation Commission
E. Baltimore Street, Personnel Division
Baltimore, MD 21202
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply.
WCC is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of WCC that all persons have equal opportunity and access to employment opportunities, services, and facilities without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or ancestry, marital status, parental status, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.
As an equal opportunity employer Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|