ELEVATOR INSPECTOR II
|Department||LABOR - Labor and Industry - Safety Inspection|
|Date Opened||1/21/2021 3:45:00 PM|
|Salary||$47,407.00 - $75,675.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Chevelle Wise|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
Inspect elevator units or amusement rides at various locations throughout the State for compliance with applicable Laws, Regulations and Manufacturers requirements. Work with building owners and contractors by observing and testing the equipment. Duties include accident investigation. Performing final acceptance inspections and training lower level inspectors. Deliver and enforce the state elevator citations per office policy.
Prepare and submit the required inspection activity reports on a timely basis (dictated by policy) which includes but not limited to: Daily Activity Report, Inspection Checklist, Safety Order Forms, Reports, Expenses, State Vehicle Fleet Sheet. Enter time and expense’s in Jurisdiction Online. Data collected and information contained it these reports will be used in preparing the quarterly and annual departmental reports.
Assisting and training inspectors on various aspects of elevator unit inspections or amusement rides, by working with them in the field or participating in training workshops.
Assist in maintaining a library of applicable codes, standards and regulations. This library is located at the main office, with copies provided for each inspector.
Perform other duties as assigned.
Applications that meet the minimum and selective qualifications will be referred to the hiring manager for interview selection. Units will select those candidates most closely demonstrating the qualifications for interview.
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
Experience: One year of experience performing safety inspections of elevators and related devices for a federal, state or local regulatory inspection program.
1. Candidates may substitute additional experience performing safety inspections of elevators and related devices for a federal, state or local regulatory inspection program on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
2. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non-commissioned officer in General Inspection, Investigation, Enforcement and Compliance classifications or General Inspection, Investigation, Enforcement and Compliance specialty codes in the Inspection, Investigation, Enforcement, and Compliance field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
Please read the job announcement in its entirety before applying for this recruitment, Applications must meet all minimum (and selective) qualifications to be considered, and to appear on the list of people eligible for hire.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Preference will be given to applicants who possess the following preferred qualification(s). Include clear and specific information on your application regarding your qualifications.
Investigative experience, report writing experience, and computer/tablet experience preferred.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Employees in this classification must possess and maintain a Qualified Elevator Inspector certificate issued by an organization accredited by the American Society of Mechanical Engineers.
2. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
All candidates are subject to a background check against files maintained by the Division of Unemployment Insurance (MDOL/DUI) to determine whether any monies are owed to MDOL/DUI as a result of unemployment insurance overpayment/fraud. Any unpaid debt may have an impact on whether or not a candidate is offered employment.
1. Employees in this classification are subject to call-in on a 24 hours a day basis and will be required to provide the employing agency with a telephone number where they can be reached.
2. Employees in this classification are subject to substance abuse testing in accordance with Code of Maryland Regulations 17.04.09, Testing for Illegal Use of Drugs.
Applicants must provide sufficient information on the application to show they meet the qualifications for this recruitment. RESUMES ARE NOT ACCEPTABLE AND NOT CONSIDERED IN THE SELECTION/EXAMINATION PROCESS.
All information concerning the qualification, including any required documentation (diploma, transcripts, certificate, etc) must be submitted and received by the closing date. Information submitted after this date will not be considered.
***Please note that your answers on the supplemental questionnaire must correspond to the information provided on your application to receive credit.
U.S. Military Veterans may qualify for additional bonus points towards certification. Any job offer will be contingent on the candidate providing a U.S. Military form DD 214 verifying honorable discharge from service prior to starting employment (and may be requested prior to interview). Permanent State employees do not need to submit proof of Veterans’ status.
If you are unable to apply online, or encounter difficulty attaching required or optional documentation, You may contact Chevelle Wise 410-230-6293 or submit via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to include your name, identification number (Easy ID#) and job announcement number on any documentation to ensure timely processing.
PLEASE DO NOT FAX OR EMAIL UNSOLICITED DOCUMENTATION
Completed applications, required documentation, and any required addendums may be mailed to:
MDOL Office of Human Resources
Attn: Elevator Inspector II (21-003248-0002) CW
1100 N. Eutaw Street, Rm. 100
Baltimore, MD 21201
Maryland Department of Labor is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of MDOL that all persons have equal opportunity and access to employment opportunities, services, and facilities without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or ancestry, marital status, parental status, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|