HEALTH PLANNER II (***REPOST***)
Adult Immunization Coordinator (FULL-TIME CONTRACTUAL)
|Department||MDH Infectious Disease & Environmental Hlth Svcs|
|Date Opened||4/25/2022 5:02:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||5/25/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$21.79 - $35.37/hour|
|HR Analyst||Roderick Howard II|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
Education: Possession of a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Health Planning, Public Health, Health Science, Hospital Administration, or Health Care Administration.
Experience: One year of experience in health planning.
1. Possession of a Master’s degree from an accredited college or university in a field identified above may be substituted for one year of experience.
2. Possession of a Doctorate degree from an accredited college or university in a field identified above may be substituted for three years of experience.
3. Possession of a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university, and one year of professional experience in health planning, may be substituted for the required specialized Bachelor’s degree.
4. Applicants may substitute experience in health or hospital administration for the required experience on a year for year basis, provided the applicant has at least one year of professional experience in health planning.
5. Health Planning experience obtained in a State Health Planning and Development Agency, or in a Health System Agency, as designated by Public Law 93-641, may be substituted at the rate of three months for four months of the required experience.
6. General Health Planning experience, as required above, is defined as experience obtained in a professional capacity in an operation established solely for the delivery and evaluation of health services (e.g. Hospitals, H.M.O.’s, Insurance Companies). Such experience must have been the primary purpose of the position during the time in question. Health Planning duties which are performed only incidentally are not considered as qualifying.
Applicants who meet the minimum (and selective) qualifications will be included in further evaluation. The evaluation may be a rating of your application, based on your education, training and experience, as they relate to the requirements of the position. Therefore, it is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application.
Please report all related education, experience, dates, and hours of work. Clearly indicate your college degree and major on your application, if applicable. For education obtained outside the U.S., any job offer will be contingent on the candidate providing an evaluation for equivalency by a foreign credential evaluation service prior to starting employment (and may be requested prior to interview).
Complete applications must be submitted by the closing date. Information submitted after this date will not be added.
Incorrect application forms will not be accepted. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of a completed application.
Candidates may remain on the certified eligible list for a period of at least one year. The resulting certified eligible list for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this, or other, State agencies.
Contractual employees who work for an agency covered under the State Employee and Retiree Health and Welfare Benefits Program, have a current employment contract, and work 30 or more hours a week (or on average 130 hours per month) may be eligible for subsidized health benefits coverage for themselves and their dependents. As a contractual employee, you will be responsible for paying 25% of the premiums for your medical and prescription coverage, including any eligible dependents you have enrolled. The State of Maryland will subsidize the remaining 75% of the cost for these benefits.
You can also elect to enroll in dental coverage, accidental death and dismemberment insurance, and life insurance, but will be responsible to pay the full premium for these benefits.
Leave may be granted to a contractual employee who has worked 120 days in a 12-month period. This leave accrues at a rate of one hour for every 30 hours worked, not to exceed 40 hours per calendar year.
Online applications are highly recommended. However, if you are unable to apply online, the paper application (and supplemental questionnaire) may be submitted to MDH, Recruitment and Selection Division, 201 W. Preston St., Room 114-B, Baltimore, MD 21201. Paper application materials must be received by 5 pm, close of business, on the closing date for the recruitment, no postmarks will be accepted.
If additional information is required, the preferred method is to upload. If you are unable to upload, please fax the requested information to, 410-333-5689. Only additional materials which are required will be accepted for this recruitment. All additional information must be received by the closing date and time.
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact the MDH Recruitment and Selection Division, at 410-767-1251.
If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about the online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division, at 410-767-4850 or Application.Help@maryland.gov.
Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request by calling: 410-767-1251 or MD TTY Relay Service, at 1-800-735-2258.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruitment, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.