HCD Application Systems Programmer Analyst I (C20025/374200)
|Department||DHCD - Div of Information Technology|
|Date Opened||3/22/2021 10:12:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||4/22/2021 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$27.74 - $36.13/hour (Grade 19, Base-Step 9 with promotional growth to $44.54)|
|HR Analyst||Ronnie Hammond|
This is a contractual position with limited State of Maryland benefits
Work that matters. The Maryland Department of Housing and Community Development (DHCD) is a national leader in the financing and development of affordable housing and community development lending. The Department is committed to enhancing our Information Technology capabilities. We are recruiting for a Programmer Analyst adept with developing in a team environment or individually, and skilled in the use of VisualStudio.Net, SQL databases and other programming tools.
Qualified candidates will possess experience developing software in a team envrionment, individually, or using AGILE development methodologies. Proficiency with Microsoft Visual Studio is required, as is the ability to use Microsoft SQL Server.
The candidate must be familiar with software development, including designing, testing, maintaining and deploying software. The candidate will have the ability to perform all assignments independently or in a team environment.
LOCATION OF POSITION
7800 Harkins Road Lanham, MD 20706.
The Department of Housing and Community Development Headquarters is located in Prince George's County across from the New Carrollton Metro stop.
Education: Typically requires a Bachelor's degree
Experience: One or two years of experience performing software development and system analyses for multi-tiered client-server software in an organization with extensive level of program integration and reliance on technology
1. Candidates may substitute six credit hours of coursework in application analysis and programming using generally accepted computer programming languages or other developmental tools for six months of the required experience.
2. Candidates may substitute completion of high school or a high school equivalency certificate and eighteen months of experience converting data from project specifications by writing program code using generally accepted computer programming languages or other developmental tools for the required education.
3. Candidates may substitute completion of high school or a high school equivalency certificate and fifteen credit hours from an accredited college or university in systems analysis and applications programming using generally accepted computer programming languages or other developmental tools for the required education.
4. Candidates may substitute experience in one of the following areas: operating computers, scheduling, controlling input and output or maintaining backups or data storage, processing data on computers, evaluating, implementing and maintaining hardware and software, on a year-for-year basis for a high school education.
5. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in Computer Systems Programming classifications or Computer Systems Programming specialty codes in the Information Technology field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience and education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Two years of experience with Microsoft VisualStudio MVC 5 or .Net Core
- Two years of experience developing software individually or in a team environment
- One year SQL database development, or Dynamics CRM development
Please provide sufficient information on your application to document that you meet the minimum qualifications for this recruitment. Unofficial transcripts, certifications or diplomas to document educational or certification qualifications are required. Educational credentials from foreign countries must be evaluated by an approved education review service. This evaluation must be submitted with your application. For further information, you may call International Consultants of Delaware, Inc. (302) 737-8715 or World Education Services Inc. 1-800-932-3897 or (202) 331-2925. Successful candidates will be placed on the employment (eligible) list for at least one year. Eligible list may be used to fill future vacancies of the same classification. Successful candidates must document eligibility to work in the U.S. upon hire.
Please note: The Maryland Department of Housing and Community Development is not sponsoring new employees in application of the H-1B Visa at this time due to budgetary constraints. All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States under the Immigration and Reform Control Act of 1986. Federal regulations prohibit H1B Visa candidates from paying sponsorship fees, all sponsorship fees must be assumed by the potential employer.
The examination will consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience related to the requirements of the position. You may be required to complete a qualifications supplement, or the rating may be based on your application. Therefore, it is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Report all experience and education that is related to this position.
Contractual employees who work for an agency covered under the State Employee and Retiree Health and Welfare Benefits Program (the Program), have a current employment contract and work 30 or more hours a week (or on average 130 hours per month) may be eligible for subsidized health benefits coverage for themselves and their dependents. As a contractual employee, you will be responsible for paying 25% of the premiums for your medical and prescription coverage, including any eligible dependents you have enrolled. The State of Maryland will subsidize the remaining 75% of the cost for these benefits.
You have five medical plans from which to choose. In general, all options under each type of plan and carrier cover the same services. However, the participating provider networks for the plans are different.
You can also elect to enroll in dental coverage. You have an option of two plans.
Prescription Drug Coverage
You can also choose to elect for prescription drug coverage through CVS Caremark.
Additionally you can elect to enroll in accidental death and dismemberment insurance, and life insurance, but will be responsible to pay the full premium for these benefits.
Another great benefit offered to contractual employees outside of our flexible schedules is paid leave. Leave may be granted to contractual employee who have worked 106 days in a 12 month period. This leave accrues at a rate of one hour for every 30 hours worked, not to exceed 40 hours per calendar year.
Online applications are STRONGLY preferred. However, if you wish to submit a paper application, you may mail your application and materials to:
Mr. Ronnie Hammond
Department of Housing and Community Development
Office of Human Resources
7800 Harkins Road, Lanham, MD 20706
All application materials must be received by the filing deadline. If you are unable to upload your transcripts into the system, please send via email to Ronnie.Hammond@maryland.gov. Please include the following information in the body of the email:
- Attn: Mr. Ronnie Hammond, HR Business Partner
- Your First and Last Name
- Recruitment #
- Classification (Job Title) of Recruitment
Incorrect/Incomplete applications submitted electronically or physically, or resumes in place of the application, will not be accepted. If you are interested in these positions and cannot apply online please fill out the paper application.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|